Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjsmethurst Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 05:03 AM
    Help! Webeasy is not so easy!
    Can anyone help? I'm creating a website using a programme called WebEasy, only I'm finding it quite difficult!

I have got may site looking exactly as I want it, but when I go to look at the preview it is all fragmented.

The page I have designed has small spheres randomly placed as background to the text. Thesphere's borders are obviously square and I think this is where my problem lies, it seems that the spheres are "cut up" when I look at the preview.

It's difficult to explain but I hope someone can help!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 05:20 AM
    I've never heard of the program but what I'm guessing is that the code that you have written isn't standards complient, causing it to be displayed in different browsers.

For example, something written for IE will often look different in Firefox.

Can you explain exactly what you want (with examples if possible) and we can tell you the best way of doing it in any web page creator.

Feb 16, 2006, 05:46 AM
    I'm such a novice at all this, I haven't written any code, just used a programme which means I can make the site in a supposedly WYSIWYG fasion, simply writing the text and placing objects where I want them to be.

I've tried doing a screen dump and entering it into this message to show you what I mean but it won't let me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Just an aside to this. You may not have written any code but the program has generated code. A WEB page is created using HTML (HyperText Markup Language). This is code (mostly formatting tags)that tell a WEB browser how to display the page. It's that code that LT is talking about.

If you want to show us what it looks like you can save a screen shot to a JPG file and use the Insert Image option or Attach it to a note here.

Feb 16, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Thanks. I have attached screen shots of what it should look like and how it looks on the preview.

Thanks for your help
    Attached Images

Feb 16, 2006, 07:51 AM
    Ok, it looks like the software is generating tables for the text and those tables have borders that are breaking up your bubbles. You can probably fix it by setting the borders to 0, but I don't know how using your software.

Feb 16, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try

If you ever need to sell your house, I'll give you a big discount (if I ever get the site up and running!)

Bev
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 08:42 AM
    I agree with Scott. Table cells by default have a margin of 1 pixel. This is probably causing the gaps.

You'll need to look at the table properties (or similar) and ensure that cell spacing or margins (not sure what it would be called) are set to 0.

Feb 16, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Thanks guys, all fixed!

Feb 16, 2006, 09:33 AM
    Great, That was real guesswork on my part, educated guesswork, but guesswork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need IXLA Web Easy Program, Help!? [ 5 Answers ]

Is there anybody that has ever used or at least is familiar with the IXLA Web Easy Program? It is a program that you can use to build web pages with out having to know how to do HTML or anything like that. It is for complete computer idiots. I hope there is somebody who knows about this type of...

How to let him down easy [ 11 Answers ]

I haven't been with this guy long however, he was a virgin until he met me. He's 21 but has never had a girl friend and it kills me that I have to do this to him. We were acquantinces before this but I don't know if we'll be friends after this. The reason I want to leave him is because he smothers...

Likely an easy question to answer [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently received my credit reports from all three companies. When looking at them, I saw that a couple of accounts have potentially negative items on them. When reviewing them, I got a bit confused on the terms under "Responsibility". Some say individual (I figured that one out!), some...

I want to make this easy [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4" cast iron and will use a coupler from fernco or home depot to jooin up the 4" cast iron but what do I use on the 3" pvc im adapting to? i am going to 3" pvc. So is that where I need an adapter tommytman? Nothing is easy around this 65 year old house. While I was taking apart the bathtub I...

Very easy question [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, I realise of running the risk of been called a complete idiot, but, so what... I have decided to copy some cd's with my sister's new computer since it has a CDR and thought it would be an easy process. Well, I have the CD I want to record in the correct tray, the empty one in the other...

View more questions Search