Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ummyeahh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 07:05 PM
    About skin!
    Hi everybody. Before anyone asks ''why do you want to lighten your skin? Just love what you have'' don't even think about it because if your light skinned or white or anything else then you won't know how I feel. In my childhood I was always light brown but I guess I didn't notice that I kept getting darker in the sun and now I'm dark brown. I cried myself asleep and I still do sometimes and I never go anywhere like I used to because this isn't who I am. The sun did this to me and I didn't even realize. I just want my old skin color back. I don't want creams because I know in the long run it might damage my skin, but if there's any skin doctors out there just answer this question. Is there any possible way that I can lighten my skin with a surgery and will they let me lighten it just to lighten it or do I have to have a specific reason? If anybody knows the answer please reply and tell me. I was thinking of getting a surgery or seeing a dermatologist when I turned 18 which will be next year. If anybody knows or knows anything that works let me know because I know if I can get my old skin color back ill have so much confidence and hang out more with friends. This would really mean a lot to me and no one post anything stupid like michael jackson and please no scammers... thanks
    Notsosnowwhite Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Don't worry. I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes couldn't even get to sleep because I couldn't stop freaking crying.
    I spent my childhood in Arizona, and got seriously burnt to a crisp. I was born with pretty fair skin and now I'm stuck with this stupid tan I didn't ask for.
    And what kills me most is watching my sisters enjoy their light skin and I cannot stop comparing myself to them and thinking "that should be me!". I feel so cursed.
    Sometimes it doesn't feel like I'm related to them, I've become so jealous I don't really have a relationship with them. I just resent them. And I know it makes no sense but I imagine that light skinned people think they're so superior.
    Anyway now I'm just blabbing.

So this is strange but I heard of some 'surgery'... here's the post I found, look for kashniqua's posts.

Permanently skin whitening

Whoa.. $20,000.. maybe that isn't realistic, hah. I know basic rules for getting lighter like exfoliating taking glutathione pills w/ vit.c always wearing sunblock, and being, *sigh*, patient for the results. About a 3-8 shade difference. Some people say glutathione pills are worthless, others say it works but just takes time. I happen to believe it works, and I'm going to try it out myself starting may.
    ummyeahh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Thank God! Someone who understands! Lol. I wonder if the airbrushing on her question actually works because I'm sure that can't be over 20,000! Lol if I raise enough money I definitely would like to permanently lighten my skin... im sure you don't have to pay all at once.. at least I hope so lol... I just hope there's something out there that works that won't give me a bad outcome in the long run... do you think chemical peels actually work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Skin whitening for brown yellowish skin L-Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like a respond from people who have the same color as me and/or from people who actually done their research on whitening pill and topicals and actually been taking them for many many years. I'm filipina and a little bit of Chinese, so my skin...

View more questions Search