Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayne5480 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 01:33 PM
    TREK decking
    Question, I have a TREK deck. First and second floor. Will the posts hold nails? And if they do, what kind. I would like to hand a large lantern that is secured by a metal hanging post that takes two of something. HELP
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Apr 21, 2008, 02:33 PM
    If I remember correctly, the trex posts are actually sleeves that fit over a 4x4.

I'd recommend screws long enough to go into the wood inside the sleeve. Maybe about 2 1/2"? Use stainless to avoid rust stains, and pre-drill the holes first.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Apr 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
    There not sleeves but not totally solid either. As for your question though , yes they will hold nails and screws just fine, the post are hollow in the center but you should have at least an inch thick on the edges to drive a nail or screw. So your fine to do that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Decking, Trek [ 1 Answers ]

Can Trek Decking be painted?

Trek Decking [ 2 Answers ]

Would pressure washing my trek deck void my warranty at all?

Composite decking - Trek vs. Procell; Fair price for deck piles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there Any opinions on whether to use Trek or Procell for large composite deck at the beach? Any thoughts on a fair price for 20' deck pile vibrated 10' into sandy ground at Jersey Shore? Any input appreciated MCC

Any Star Trek fans on here? [ 17 Answers ]

Just curious to know if there are any Star Trek fans on here, or if you are close to anyone who's a major fan. I've never noticed much posted about Star Trek in the Television and Movies sections, so I was just wondering. I would say I personally enjoy watching the shows, all except Enterprise,...

Star Trek: Starfleet Command Gold Edition Problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have downloaded this game, upgraded sound and video cards and drivers, have downgraded from WIN 2000 Professional to WIN ME, have downloaded December 2005 DirectX update, and this game will still crash when I try to run it. Before I downgraded from 2000 pro to ME, it would say; "DirectX init....

View more questions Search