Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joker24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 01:28 PM
    What size & type of bolt
    I am trying to remove the starter on my Craftsman mower. It has a B&S 12.5 hp I/C engine about 12 yrs old. I need to replace the cog wheel on top of the starter. My cheapo hex key set will not fit, what size specifically do I need to remove the two bolts holding the starter?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Hex, torx and bristol look very similar. I haven't seen bristol stuff for quite a while.

For hex, you can just measure across the flats.

Torx looks like a star but tapered inward. I think it's measured in metric. Thus a T-6 is 6 mm point to point.

Then there is metric version of the allen wrench.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type and size air filter for ruud furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello- I was changing the filters in my mom's furnaces in her house. When I got under the crawlspace, the furnace filter cover says that the filter is a permanent type. There was no filter in it at all and I need to know what kind goes in it. It is a ruud model #RCBA 2457GG14 with a serial #...

Electric stove install wire size/type [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a Peerless electric stove the plate on it says " Three wire 120/208 volt 60 cycle ac , wattage 8800. I have a GE powermark gold loadcenter with about 10 empty blanks for breakers. The loadcenter is about 75 to 80 feet from the stove location. What size/type wire should I use? What...

Pipe size and connection type [ 2 Answers ]

I am plumbing a bath in my unfinished basement. The drains are existing but need to plumb the hot and cold water supply. The question is, the house has been plumbed with pex (its a flexible colored pipe - red for hot and blue for cold). Should I use this type of pipe? If so, should I run 3/4" to...

Head bolt size 95 altima [ 2 Answers ]

I'm replacing the head gasket on my 95 altima. When I pulled of my valve cover I was supprised to see that they are HEX bolts (damn it! ) I don't have a large set and I'd like to buy just the size I need. So anyone know what size they are? Thanks

What size/type of gas line? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 200lb tank against the middle of the house in the backyard. Now that it is nearing empty I would like to move it to the side of the house. It will be 10' away from my central air conditioner compressors, which is the required distance in my area. Right now, coming out of the tank is...

View more questions Search