Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbrown21 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 01:08 PM
    My fiancee's baby mother is a scam artist and its affecting the child in the middle.
    I know someone who is a big time scammer, she get's child care checks for herself, she steals identities, she's driving under a suspended license, she makes bogus checks stubs for her husband so he can get a tax refund check, she claim to have an insurance policy on someone without the knowing, she's living in a foreclosed apartment rent free for over six months, and recently she claim to have full custody of her son but she has no documentation. This person is my fiancee's child's mother, and she is stressing my fiancée out with the no visitation rights thing, the child was living with us but she just came on took him, and the police let her. I really want to know how can I report her, because her living conditions as well as her lifestyle are not fit for a child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2008, 02:30 PM
    I am sorry but your great answers on your other posts still have not changed, First since I will assume there is no child custody agreement in force, the police can not do anything to force you to give child up ( assuming father is on birth certificate also) and can not stop her from taking the child.

So she is a crook, great get proff of all of this, not hearsay, but real proof, police reports, letters from landlords and so on. And the main thing which needed to be done long ago, file for legal custody in court.

To report her, ( if there child is in danger, not being fed properly and so on) call family and children services and report her)

It is time for you to get an attorney and file for custody,
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msbrown21
    I know someone who is a big time scammer, she get's child care checks for herself, she steals identities, she's driving under a suspended license, she makes bogus checks stubs for her husband so he can get a tax refund check, she claim to have an insurance policy on someone without the knowing, she's living in a foreclosed apartment rent free for over six months, and recently she claim to have full custody of her son but she has no documentation. This person is my fiancee's child's mother, and she is stressing my fiancee out with the no visitation rights thing, the child was living with us but she just came on took him, and the police let her. I really want to know how can I report her, because her living conditions as well as her lifestyle are not fit for a child.

Sorry, but posting it again is not going to change anyone's opinion - what is it that you want "us" to say? Obviously "we" haven't said it yet...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
    I guess they want to hear, just call the police, they will go and take the baby away from them and return the baby to you,

Don't work that way, I have never heard any magic words as to who has legal custody, who is named on the birth certificate and so on.
    It sounds like the father did not have legal custody and had the baby taken away by what is most liekly an unfit mother ( or at least a criminal mother) but what you have to look at is who has legal custody, and you have to go to court to verify it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confirmed: *SCAM Artist Alert* [ 25 Answers ]

**Please take heed of this warning and don't fall into the trap that I fell into.** My last post on this matter was a rush to judgement that actually turned out being correct in the end. I got rid of it before but now it is 100% confirmed. "Sheralcrow" aka "Marnishia Wilson" aka "Charles...

Eviction of adult child who is affecting disabled moms health [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to obtain info on the process of evicting my newphew who lives with my sister and her husband who is seriously affecting my sister's health. She suffers both mental and physical disabilities and has deteriorated tremendously ever since my newphew (33yo) left work 2 1/2 yrs ago. He has...

I am looking for a possible scam artist. [ 14 Answers ]

I got this new job offer but it seems fishy to me so I want to know if it's for real or a scam. Here's the letter I received: Hello, I am Bobby Lashley , Director/CEO of "Arts and Crafts Inc.My Company deals with Art designs, African crafts and musical instruments, sales and supplies. Our...

Legit lender or scam artist [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to receive a loan. I was approached by someone Raymond Brent from the UK who says he is a lender. He gave me a licence #638.BC/NH 088765 and register #193222. How can I verify if this is truly a legit lender or scam.

View more questions Search