Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s0me0ne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 10:51 PM
    NEED HELP Replacing engine stop/control cable on Murray Lawnmower
    THe cable broke on the inside and I can't figure out how to take off the end that hooks onto the lawn mower, because it's a weird squared off round connector that seems to require some special tool to take it off or something

Here is a pic of something kind of similar although it doesn't have the rounded end I mentioned
    http://www.stens.com/images/catalog/290/290-102C.jpg

Anyone have an idea what I'm talking about and how to fix it, its getting warm already in TX and I hate having to get my lawnmower fixed every year it seems. I'd like to fix it myself.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 11:17 PM
    Forgot how exactly, it's a ball end? http://www.murray.com/products/combi...=Model&type=OM
    See if you can get the owners manual, its supposed to show you exactly, I'd have to be looking at it to tell you for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower Help [ 10 Answers ]

My lawnmower, Murray Select w/Briggs?Stratton engine, will start but will not get up to speed. It only putt-putts and kicks out a lot of smoke. Any suggestions?

Murray push lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray push lawnmower that I want to know the year of manufacture. Model 21673X92A Date Mfg 1283 It has a Tecumseh engine TVXL115 56025A Many thanks.

Murray 12.5 Commercial Mower - Briggs Engine - Won't Start/Turn [ 3 Answers ]

So I'm mowing my back yard with my Murray lawn tractor. I brought it back to the garage and parked it, went inside to cool off, and when I went back out to put it back into the garage, it wouldn't start. I turned the key, and got nothing. The lights work, the battery is charged to 100%,...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

Lawnmower decision [ 1 Answers ]

Lowe's ,Home Depot, Sears,Kmart,Target and Walmart... where can I get a dependable reliable riding tractor for $900-1000

View more questions Search