Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Apr 21, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Could this be a scam?
    Im usually pretty good at recognizing a scam, but can this be a scam or no? Notice they want to use Paypal, how secure is paypal and such?

Many thanks for the message.I may not be able to come and pick the item up by myself and pay in cash,because am not in state presently to complete this transaction with you in person.Am off to Italy for a Conference Meeting and I will be glad if you can do the shipment for me.Am buying this item for a Friend Located in Overseas as a Gift.I will be adding an extra $100.00 USD to cover the shipment and the insurance fee.The payment will be made Via My PayPal Account because its very secure and safe to receive to receive in an online transaction.Get back to me with your paypal email account so I can send the money into your account ASAP.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Regards.
    Lula001 Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Apr 21, 2008, 11:46 AM
    It is a scam, in a few weeks you will get a mail from Paypal saying that a fraudulent credit card or account was used and will just take it back form your account, it is similar to the Nigerian scams, stay well away as you will loose your item and your money.

Either that or they want your paypal details to try and defraud you :-)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 21, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Paypal verifies the buyers. If its not a verified buyer then don't ship until the payment is verified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a scam? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it a scam when lvl 3 nubs on rs say like "buying d wc axe 4.3m OR d legs 3.8m" and all dif. Types of weps and armor for a higher price? And if it is a scam... how is it a scam?? :confused:

Scam or not? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I need some advice on a work from home - data entry job. I am interested in doing this but I don't know whether this is a scam or the real thing. They are requesting that I pay US$49 to become a member. This is the first time I will be doing this and I would also like to know what...

How do you know if it's a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way of telling what prodcuts are scams when looking for skin lightening methods online? (ie- I've heard that http://www.whiterskin.com is a scam) And what's the deal with chemical peels... are they good or bad?

View more questions Search