Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix honda Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Power Steering
    2003 Accord. 110,000 miles. Had a power steering problem. The hose was replaced first, then a new pump, to no avail, now we are onto a rack. Is anybody out there?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Even though Honda doesn't recommend ever changing power steering fluid, I change mine every two years. More heat is developed in these systems than most people realize, which is why they have their own power steering cooler. Use only Honda Genuine power steering fluid. My experience has been that pump, rack, and gear assemblies need to be replaced, when the fluid is not regularly changed. If you have an in-line P/S filter, be sure to replace it after all work is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power Steering [ 2 Answers ]

Do all 5-Speed 1990 Honda Civic have Power Steering or are there some that have and some that don't?

What do I need to know to add power steering fluid? [ 3 Answers ]

After oil change at a garage I discover when steering got squeaky that cap was off my PS fluid and I've lost quite a bit. Is there a reason I would buy one PS fuuid over another other than brand choice (are they all the same no matter the vehicle?) and what might I need to know as far as how full...

Driving w/out Power Steering [ 1 Answers ]

Due to a leak in the power steering cooler line on my '92 Honda Civic, I disconnected the PS pump until I can find replacement parts. Is it safe to drive the car w/out power steering? Will that put an undue strain on any steering components? Thanks.

View more questions Search