Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scaredy cat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Arrest in MI.living in Florida.criminal lien
    I was arrested in MI charged with A felony for stalking... I do not live in MI anymore.
    PPO expired and then the warrant was issued. There has been no violations of the ppo.

I recently had a FDLE run (Florida Department of Law Enforcement record) and nothing is showing up on that. Question, will the Lien system show the arrest? How about NCIC? Attorney working on getting charges dropped... however, I work with a population of people that anything showing a felony, even if not convicted, will ruin my career.

I have no other arrest ever, not even a traffic ticket. This is way too much to handle.

No, I am never dating again:(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Hello scaredy:

Being charged with a felony will NOT show on any background check.

Yeah, dating sucks. I am in love with my right hand.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 09:16 AM
    [QUOTE=excon]Hello scaredy:

Being charged with a felony will NOT show on any background check.

Yeah, dating sucks. I am in love with my right hand.

I am trying to think of a comment - so far, nothing.

Apr 22, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Yeah, found out that it does show up.

You will get a SID number (State ID number ) and a FBI number.

Will show arrest segment, charge segment and then the final dispo.

Can really screw with someone's life, especially when they are innocent.

Even if the record is sealed and expunged it is still available to law enforcement and the fbi. Before anyone writes this is not correct, I called both agencies and was told it is true.

STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE:D
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Hello again, scaredy:

Your first inclination was right. For employment purposes, an arrest doesn't show up, unless you're applying for a national security job or something.

However, the cops want to know all about you, so they'll have access to everything you do and did, including what color underwear you have on.

Don't be so argumentative, Dude. You're among friends... And, we know the law too. Besides, you assume there is only one kind of background check, whereas I assume, like hamburgers, there are 100's to choose from.

excon

Apr 22, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Hey dude, not arguing, believe me I need no more trouble lol

Any public service job (schools, government etc) will require finger printing... all of the ones I apply for do... and the fingerprints will then match up with what the fbi has, and they will direct them to the original charging agency... believe me... it already happened :( and I DID DRINK THE KOOLAID LOL
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Ok, first a warrant will show up on any police search for warrants. They have a speical program for this.

Your NCIC report will show all convictions to public, and will show all arrests, all outcomes of those arrests and any convictions, including records that are explunged but only to police and national secuirty background searches.

A warrant is not an arrest yet, but as soon as they arrest you on that warrant, it will show up on NCIC. But as for as available, it will pop up anytime you are stopped by police and they run a warrants check on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will arrest show on criminal background check? [ 16 Answers ]

I got arrested and released from booking by judge due to no probable cause. The judge even didn't consider it. Will the arrest show on any kind of criminal backgrounds check or fingerprint check?

Old arrest [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested when I was 21yrs (now 37), paid bail and never heard another thing, no court date, etc. Now, I am planning to apply for a passport and am concerned this will show up and all hell will break loose. I just ran a criminal background check on myself and nothing came up?? Any...

Unsecured lien against Florida homestead [ 10 Answers ]

I have two liens/judgements against my (home), homestead, in Florida. Both of these are for overdue credit cards and have been turned over to collectors. Can I have these judgements removed? (I need to refinance). Is this a complicated process? Is it an expensive process? My understanding is that...

Will arrest show up on Criminal Record? [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested a week ago by my daughter-in-law on domestic charges. Her 'statement' was incorrect and she 'embellished' things and the police found evidence to arrest me. It was devastating to say the least - considering the kids (with their baby) lived with my husband and I and we paid for...

View more questions Search