Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkflowers Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 02:08 PM
    How do I get a copy of the warrant ? The DA guy the girl had working for her, 1st he told me he picked it up, then he forgot his story and said the police dept. picked it up, so again, they are giving me the run-around and I have been treated extremely un-fair.
    I have nothing to hide and I am telling you all that I know, obviously the girl said some false information about me to get the warrant, which I do not know what she exactly said,
    So next step ? Almost 4 months. Have gone by since this episode, and I have not heard anything else again about it. I lost my job of 4yrs. (professional job mind you)...
    They should pay! :mad:
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 02:27 PM
    First of all... you know what is in your computer and what is not. If there is nothing bad... I would definitely take action against her. If you think that the emails weren't quite so horrilble... and the cops haven't made it a case yet... sounds like the woman is a little crazy, and has some major pull with the guys in uniform!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflowers
    I have told the whole story and there is nothing else, that is why I am asking on what to do? this happened back in Jan. 08 and now it is almost 4 mos. later and I have never heard anything again! I have called the court house and there is nothing under my name, I lost my professional job of almost 4 years over this non-sense, I was terminated without any explanation and no money ! I have 2 small children to support and I was extremely mad ! that it came down to this, over just corresponding w/ an old classmate who has way too much time and money on there hands ! there were no bad emails, no bad words, nothing threatening, I believe this was her friend that did some under the table work for her, without cost, her husband is a lawyer and she just thinks she is something, so in the mean-time I have lost my job, financial dis-tress & mental of course and I want to do something about this, her private detective came to my home (un-announced) w/my 2 small children there also. again all I did was corresponded through email & I guess she just wanted to find out where the emails were coming from,which she did a good job of that ! I feel I was treated bad by my company & they made feel like a really bad criminal ! they told my co-workers not to talk to me etc. so now, what should I do ? :confused:
    if this happened to you what would you do? thank you for your time.......

No, you have still not told us everything. Saying that there wasn nothing bad in your emails is not telling us what was actually said. If you're going to keep refusing to tell us the details why are you even still asking for help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
    How do I get a copy of the warrant ? the DA guy the girl had working for her, 1st he told me he picked it up, then he forgot his story and said the police dept. picked it up, so again, they are giving me the run-around and I have been treated extremely un-fair.
    I have nothing to hide and I am telling you all that I know, obviously the girl said some false information about me to get the warrant, which I do not know what she exactly said,
    so next step ? almost 4 mos. have gone by since this episode, and I have not heard anything else again about it. I lost my job of 4yrs. (professional job mind you)............
    they should pay!! :mad:
    The next step is contacting an attorney. If they did not provide you with a copy of the warrant, then they were breaking the law. Why haven't you gone to the DA's office and ask for a copy of the warrant? At this point, your best option is to talk to an attorney. If you can convince one that you are telling the truth, then you should be able to find one to take the case on a contingency basis.

As we have repeatedly said, there has to be some justification for a warrant. If you can prove that the warrant was obtained under false pretenses, then the DA's office is liable as well as the person who supplied info to the DA.

Apr 29, 2008, 08:28 AM
    I did nothing wrong, I do want to find out what is on or what was said on that warrant, I am in the process of trying to find out and how to get a copy of it. I do not have any money for a lawyer, due to being terminated from my professional job of 4 yrs.
    The girl who did all this is married to a lawyer and something tells me that they did something under the table and it was not legal... I am going to get to the bottom of this... will keep updating as I find out answers...
    I have not ever been in trouble this is all new to me. I did not even know I could get a copy of the warrant that was served to my company. Do you think perhaps the HR Dept. has a copy of it in my file ? I have also called the DA guy that came to my home un-announced and he does not return my calls...

Apr 29, 2008, 08:34 AM
    I do not have any money for a lawyer,

Do you think perhaps the HR Dept. has a copy of it in my file ?
    Again you aren't listening. I said you should be able to find an attorney who will take this in a contingency basis. This means you pay nothing unless they win the case. But the ONLY way you will get any justice is by engaging an attorney.

Yes the HR Dept should have a copy of the warrant. Since it was served on the company to review their property (which is why you may not have been given a copy) they may have one.

Apr 30, 2008, 07:26 AM
    I have contacted the HR Dept. for a copy of the Warrant to see exactly what it said.
    I have had NO response yet...

Apr 30, 2008, 11:17 AM
    [QUOTE=ScottGem]Again you aren't listening. I said you should be able to find an attorney who will take this in a contingency basis. This means you pay nothing unless they win the case. But the ONLY way you will get any justice is by engaging an attorney.

Yes the HR Dept should have a copy of the warrant. Since it was served on the company to review their property (which is why you may not have been given a copy) they may have one. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE HR. DEPT DOES NOT
    COOPERATE ? GUESS THAT WHEN YOU REALLY HAVE TO GET A LAWYER INVOLVED !
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Guess that's when you really have to get a lawyer involved? My guess would have been when you're computer was supposedly unfairly confiscated and you lost your job... if this happened a while back you should already have an attorney. Scottgem has given you some really great advice about finding a contigency basis attorney, stop being stubborn and listen to him already.
    And even if the hr department does cooperate with you, what good does that do you if you don't have an attorney?

May 1, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Scott Gem has given wonderful advice ! -
    I work contract now on the other side of town, to support my 2 children, so it is hard for me to get away, I will have to figure something out... if I don't work, I don't get paid, trying to catch up, Anyway, YES I did loose my job over this non-sense, & I think they put some real rotten stuff about me on the warrant, I still haven't heard from the HR Dept. guess I will figure out how I will get down to the courts on the other side of town to get the report, I have also requested a copy from the police dept. which I was told by the HR dept. that the police had obtained the stuff from my previous employer & gave to the DA's office for review. Also I was told that in order to get a warrant something has to be real bad on that report to obtain anything.

May 1, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Also, I would like to have the warrant paper in hand before I do seek the attorney !
    & have all my ducks in a row...

May 1, 2008, 06:06 AM
    Then you have a Catch 22. You may not be able to get a copy of the warrant without an attorney.
    amIwrong Posts: 157, Reputation: 16

May 1, 2008, 06:15 AM
    I agree. This sounds hairy. I am not saying you are wrong, but they have to have just cause to do such a thing. You may not be guilty of anything, she could just have gotten mad about something you said and happened to have a friend in the right place. But, she and the friend in the system would have to know that taking it this far would be pointless unless then had something to attempt to back it up with. The only person who could help you prove that would be an attorney. "Guilty until proven innocent". It's possible if you could prove your case you could counter claim for attorney fees, time off work, slander, libel, etc. But that will only matter if you win your case. If you are strapped for cash call the public defender, or legal aid they should be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    First, please do not use e-mail or PMs to ask followup questions. I generally just ignore them.

But something sounds wierd here. You claim someone from the DA's office came to your workplace and searched your work area and took things. Either they had a warrant or it was theft. If they had a warrant then you could challenge the warrant. If anything confiscated during this search was given to someone outside the DA's office then the DA has some trouble on his hands.

But you NEED to get an attorney. Someone who will fight the warrant and determine your best course of action.

May 1, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    I think we need more information. How were the CD's stolen etc.
    CD'S were not stolen, they were picked up by the police dept. with some-kind of warrant, I still do not know what the warrant said... this whole thing is a mess.:mad:

May 1, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Thanks for responding. The girl told the Priv. Det. That I was sending threatening emails which was not true, I did nothing wrong & now I have lost my job over all this, my company just threw me out ! Professional co. mind you, the co. terminated me and not giving me a specific reason either they did not even fully investigate the situation... :mad:

May 1, 2008, 01:06 PM
    :mad: I think it is a family friend detective who helped her, her husband is a lawyer so they probably have quit a few contacts ! She said I was sending threatening emails, now 3 months. Later she says I was trying to act like her ! So what is it ! She lives in a half million dollar home which I know through a friend, stays home & has too much time on her hands ! I'm ready to get her back !:mad:

May 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
    So get an attorney!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Thanks for responding. The girl told the Priv. Det. that I was sending threatening emails which was not true, I did nothing wrong & now I have lost my job over all this, my company just threw me out ! professional co. mind you, the co., terminated me and not giving me a specific reason either they did not even fully investigate the situation......:mad:
    It's not your company's responsibility to investigate this, you have to prove that you are innocent.

I agree with Scott, get an attorney, or accept what has happened and try and move on, those are you only option, we cannot help you if you are unwilling to help yourself.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can she press abandonment charges? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother received divorce papers in the mail. He has been separated from her for little over a year. She is trying to press abandonment charges on him. He has tried to contact her and her mom several times. She has changed her cell phone number 3 times. Told him he wasn't allowed at her house. I...

Freedom of press [ 1 Answers ]

What should be guaranteed freedom of press besides newspapers? :)

What is the origin of the phrase "Press Charges"? [ 1 Answers ]

I am reading a book by C.J. Sansom called Dark Fire. In the book, there is a description of 1540's English criminal justice system. "When she is brought into court, she will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty. If she refuses the under the law she cannot be tried by a jury. But the...

Can my mother press charges for statutory rape if I gave consent [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I might be pregnant my boyfriend is 19 and I'm wondering canmy mother press charges for statutory rape if I'm pregnant and if I gave consent to have an intimate relationship with him?.

View more questions Search