Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

Apr 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Borderline Personality Disorder
    I was diagnosed with Borderline personality Disorder about 2 years ago but never really thought much of it and recently my depression and anxiety has become really bad lately. The BPD has been brought up before exactly what is this I have searched websites but they just don't seem to be telling me what I am wanting to know. If anyone has BPD or can help me w/ what it is I would appreciate a comment back Thanks
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Every time someone asks a question about BPD, I have to look it up again. I think that is because it is kind of a "catch all category" that has many different symptoms potentially, plus the individual doesn't fit into another diagnosis. Originally, "borderline" meant on the border between neurotic and psychotic. You need to talk over your questions you have with your therapist who knows you best in order to get good answers.
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Apr 20, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Hi,
    Could you tell me firstly where you are from and how old you are. I ask because I used to help run a self help group called Borderline uk. I maybe able to give you a greater insight into this disorder. Take heart though, you are not alone. Although it is a little known condition to the general public and also to the medical profession, it is estimated that as many as 2% of the population suffer from it. Many sufferers don't even know it themselves they just think they are depressed, no good and often have a certain self loathing which is kept inside because nobody " out there" understands.
    I can tell you more if you could answer the above please.
    All the best Richard.
    PS: I have just noticed you are from Oaklahoma. You could try a web site called "BPD in OCK". It is written by a young journalist who is also a sufferer. You might find some useful leads from there too.
    k1j14mom Posts: 108, Reputation: 6

May 10, 2008, 02:20 PM
    I am from Oklahoma in the Us and I am 28 yrs. I am finally on a mood stabilizer that doesn't make me sleepy all the time I am on 3 different anti-depressants (Effexor XR 150mg, Cymbalta 90mg, nortripitline 25mg-100mg), a mood stabilizer (Lithium 300mg), and anti-anxiety med( Clonazapam 1mg). It just seems crazy. I do know that Cymbalta has helped so much w/ my pain that it is unbelievable. I still hurt but not as much. I had an outburst the night before I went to the doctor this past week and I finally just asked can I have something for my mood I told her what happened and everything and we agreed on the Lithium because my other meds are so expensive. Anyway if you have any insight just let me know
    Cawzntrouble Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 08:40 PM
    I have BPD also. Although it sucks I loved the mania that came with it. I'm on sereral meds now with therapy and I'm not happy with the outcome... I mean I feel stable and that "sane" word everyone uses but I'm having a hard time adjusting to life now. I don't have the mania anymore and I don't know how to have fun without it I guess. My best advice is look is what available with your insurance. I have Kaiser and I called the crisis line because I felt suicidal and they patched me right through to a therapist who set me up with a counselor who then set me up for Intensive Outpatient Program for 3 weeks. They have an onsight psychiatrist and many therapist and social workers to help you. You can get disability while in the program and after. I've been off work while being paid for 2 months now to get my head straight and find out who this new person is that I've become. So I wish you the best of luck and hope for the best

P.S. Your first step has been accomplished by finding out what you have, you're next step is looking for treatment. You have to do it and find a cocktail that best suites your needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Borderline Personality Disorder/suicide threats. [ 32 Answers ]

I need suggestions as to how to deal with a person who has a severe undiagnosed borderline personality disorder. She daily throws tantrums, is invasive, breaks objects and threatens suicide, but becomes believably sane if the authorities are called in and threatens to make false allegations...

Personality disorder [ 1 Answers ]

What makes personality diaorder an intirely meaningless and unhelpful diagnostic category? And a list of references please for further reading

Did she have a personality disorder? [ 24 Answers ]

I am trying to work out whether my ex has a personality disorder or whether we were just emotionally incompatible? I have had relationships - several. Most of them good. 3 years ago I met a girl who was down on her luck and very jealous and posessive and demanding on what she wanted - ALL OF MY...

Boderline Personality Disorder [ 9 Answers ]

I suspect my wife has Boderline Personality Disorder(BPD). She will never admit to this however. We are currently separated and she has physical custody of our son. I am worried that now that I am gone so to speak, that she will unleash her rages on my son. Is anyone familiar with this and is there...

View more questions Search