Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoOtherLove Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Verifying legitimacy of advertised business opportunities over the Internet
    With what US government office or organization do I verify whether a business opportunity being offered by a US company over the Internet is legitimate and NOT just a scam. The advertiser collects about US$50.00 in order to be a member in the business.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 01:45 PM
    There is no government office that will verify this. You can contact the city hall in the city they are located in and see if they have a business license, you can call the BBB of the city that they are located in and see if they are a member and if there were complaints. You can contact the attorney general of that state and see if there are complaints on them.

But many companies open cheat a lot of people, and close in a few months only to be opened up later under new names.

What type of business is it, what type of promises are they making?

Apr 20, 2008, 05:34 PM
    It's home-based data entry. I will get paid based on the number of online forms I can fill up and submit for a company I chose from their members' area (which I can access once I paid the fee they demand). I can send you their URL where you can see for yourself what they claim. But I think I better send it to your email address directly or wherever you say. I don't want us to get into trouble or something (like getting sued, etc.) I am not familiar with your laws. Will that be all right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Just post the web site here, we have some very good searches who know a lot.

Apr 21, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    just post the web site here, we have some very good searches who know alot.
    Here it is: Data Entry Made Easy!. Thank you in advance for all the help.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 21, 2008, 04:20 AM
    One word springs to mind...

SCAM!!

You should NEVER have to part with money for any type of job, whether online or not.

Apr 22, 2008, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    One word springs to mind....

SCAM !!!

You should NEVER have to part with money for any type of job, whether online or not.
    Thank you so much, guys. I Have learned a lot. Thanks again.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2008, 04:45 AM
    Here's the part I like, it's in the FAQ: Data Entry Made Easy!
    At the bottom in the "How do I get a refund?" part, the link takes you to a page where it looks like they didn't pay for the 3rd party application i.e you will never get a refund.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 22, 2008, 06:05 AM
    As Ben noted, if this were legitimate, you wouldn't have to pay a fee. There are tons of these scams. Basically for your entry fee, you get a list of companies that may or may not farm out data entry. You may even get a kit showing how to approach these companies. But you have to do all the rest of the work.

BTW, there is a place to check/report such scams Federal Trade Commission - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Redding University Legitimacy? [ 12 Answers ]

Is this university a legitimate entity of education, and where is it located? :confused:

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

Internet business, looking for a name [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys, So as the title states I'm in the midst of creating an internet business. I will not be selling anything, nor will it cost anybody anything to join. It's going to be for the most part ad-related. I don't want to give out too much information yet, but I was wondering what names...

Tell me some business plans of internet business [ 1 Answers ]

I am Biomedical engineer. I have interest in food, restaurants, medical equipments. Is there any business plans for me? pl. guide me

Internet business [ 1 Answers ]

I enjoy selling items on auction sites but seeking a supplier of quality goods. It can be anything from quality vitamins to electronics or vintage items. I would get your low sell price, sell it for a little profit, then pay you for the product and through Paypal to dropship it. If it turns out to...

View more questions Search