Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Techmusic Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Wireless Network and Main Work Station
    Hi,

I have just installed a wireless network between my two home computers both have Vista.
    Main computer has a D-Link Router connection - DSL motorola box is configured bridged mode. My other computer has a USB wireless access point. So now I am able to access the internet from the computer with the USB wireless. Now I want to share files between the two. My question is - is it best to have a wireless access remote box on the main computer or will a USB wireless access work just as well? Should I rely on Vista Networking Sharing to share files and printers between my two computers or should I purchase networking software like networkmagic?

:p Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2008, 07:39 PM
    I use Network Magic and like it, but its not necessary. If you want to share files Just setup File and Print sharing and share a folder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Weather Station [ 4 Answers ]

I have a BIOS CE1177 and have lost the owners manual. Can someone tell me how to go through setup. I had to replace the batteries on the outside transmitter and now my screen display is all messed up!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

Wireless weather station [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know where I could find a manual for my weather station? Model ce1177. Thanks so much!

View more questions Search