Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rgleonard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2006, 11:18 AM
    Rope lights in garden
    I am looking for a way to install rope lighting alongside a concrete walkway. Is there some kind of metal bed or channel that can be used for this purpose? Thank you, Robert Leonard
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2006, 11:25 AM
    I saw some in a small bed of clear and/or crystal looking rock it was a wonderful effect
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Feb 17, 2006, 09:31 AM
    We actually had some concrete curbing installed with a channel for a rope light. While it doesn't generate a lot of light, it does look great.

I would NOT use a metal channel to run the ropelight in. If there were an issue with the insulation on the rope light, the metal channel could be come entergized and, well, that is NOT good.

I installed some rope lighting under our cabinets in our kitchen and I used a plastic channel designed for it. I did cheat and put in a section of channel, skip to half way down the rope, install another channel, skip to the end and installed another section. I just kept the rope taught between things.

Good Luck, Dan
    rgleonard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Dan--Thank you for your response. I wonder if you could tell me specific brand of channel and where you bought it please? Robert
    dherman1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Feb 17, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Robert,

I got it at either Menards or Home Depot. It was a clear piece of U shapped plastic.

You may even be able to use plastic landscape stakes to run the rope light. Just connect the rope light to the stakes using thin zip ties.

Dan
    xtreme-cc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dherman1
    Robert,

I got it at either Menards or Home Depot. It was a clear piece of U shapped plastic.

You may even be able to use plastic landscape stakes to run the rope light. Just connect the rope light to the stakes using thin zip ties.

Dan

I bought my track from Briddog Distributing, Inc. for $3.50 each. I've used this 4' x 1/2" clear track on a few applications and it worked great for me... Holds the rope light neatly tucked in a straight line. They also have some a metal track for rope light that might work out better on concrete using Tapcon screws or some other method.

Rope Light Track
    www.birddogdistributing.com

Also check out www.rope-lighting.org for some useful info on rope light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Weed Eater Starter Rope [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old Craftsman 17" cut 28cc Weed Eater, Model No. 358.797130. How do I install a new starter rope? Is there a manual available?

Help with lawnmower rope [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a new lawnmower it started OK, went about 5 feet then quit. I tried to pull the rope to start it again (while holding down the handle/lever)but it appears to be "stuck" and won't pull out. What am I dong wrong??

How to replace starter rope on snapper weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Snapper weedeater model #S31sngbc could someone tell me how to replace the starter rope I have most every thing apart but there is still a housing around the pully!!

The Rope [ 6 Answers ]

HI, Thought you might enjoy this, too. http://www.ticz.com/homes/users/bob/The-Rope/The-Rope.htm Have a great weekend.

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search