Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Can't get file removed!
    I have "windows xp" and I am having trouble removing this file: "virusisolator.exe" from my computer. When I try to delete, it will say "access is denied." How can I remove it?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Check out this link, I think it will be of help to you.

VirusIsolator.exe - Program Information
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Options depending on why access is denied:

You don't have file system permissions:
    Login using administrator account and delete file.

File is in use:
    a) Kill the process using the task manager if it is running (most likely since file is malware), or
    b) If you're running antivirus with real time scan and viewing the file in Windows explorer, wait and try again, or
    c) If file is shared, see who has a lock via Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Shared Folders > Open Files. Have person close file and delete it.

All that said, I occasionally encounter the same problem in XP with files and I have to: Hit F8 while booting up, choose safe mode, and delete the file.

Or in rare occasions: Install the recovery console from the original operating system CD and load into that and delete it from the command line.

There is also a Microsoft utility called Process Explorer you can use to invalidate (with risk) any Explorer file handle while running Windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a judgement removed [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida and 12 years ago I had a judgement issued against me and my drivers license suspended. Since the statute of limitations has run out, how can I get this removed and get my drivers license reinstated? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Maria

I want to get my tattoo removed [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 21 I got a stupid little star tattoo on my back and I just don't want it anymore. I think it symbolizes my life then, and I've gone through a lot of personal growth in the past 6 years, I'm happier, and when I look at it, I am so far from the place I was at 21. I just want to get rid...

Old scars, I want them to be removed [ 3 Answers ]

OK... as I was a little kid I would always get into fights with my brother,and he would scratch me on the face a lot and leave me scars,I'm now 15 years old, with a lot of scars on my face, is their any possible chance laser resurfacing will remove it and I would have a beautiful face with...

Want to Be Removed from a Will [ 2 Answers ]

I do not want to be in my mother's will. I am in dispute with my brothers. I don't want to be involved with them at all after my mother's death. Right now I am named with my brothers for her property to be equally divided. I wish to write a letter that I do not want to be involved at all. What...

View more questions Search