Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    othergirlkid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Need to get paid for what is worked
    My husband works for a foundry.  He got his first pay check this week and I have questioned how they pay.  He worked 80 hours of regular time and only got paid for 76.6 hours. He worked 21.5 hours of overtime and only got paid for 19 hours.  How can they do this?  I have checked out the US Department of Labor website but I'm not coming up with any real answers. Can someone guide me to the right place so that we might be able to fix this or at least get the pay he deserves?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 09:11 AM
    I would assume you mean this is for two weeks. Also what is the start and stop days of the pay period, if they pay week ends for example on a Thursday?

Also do they take out for lunch periods or do they dock pay if you clock in late?

What he needs to do is go into the human resourse department with his pay check and ask.
    othergirlkid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Yes he does get paid biweekly, and his pay week ends on Saturday. He does get his lunch taken out of his pay but his scheduled hours are from 730 am to 336 pm. I doesn't make since to work a straight 8 hours and then take out for his lunch. I was under the impression that in order for a company to take out for lunch they have to schedule you for 8.5 hours in a day. This is what the company I worked for did and that was the way it was explained to me when I went into management.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
    No, there is no requirement to schedule 8.5 a day to take out lunch. Many companies do that, but there is no requirement for it. So that would be the first thing to look for. So your past company may have done it that way, but it is not uncommom to do it the other way. I have worked for many companies that had a 8 hour day, and took the 30 minutes out for lunch. But he needs to sit downa and have pay explained with the payroll department

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lived in NJ, Worked in NY [ 1 Answers ]

During summers last year(May - July 2007), I was in the US for an internship on an H-3 visa. I worked in NYC but stayed in NJ. I have received my W-2 forms. I want to know what all tax forms do I need to fill in order to file my federal and state tax returns. Am I eligible for 1040NR-EZ? Also do I...

Lived and worked in NY, lived in NJ worked in NY in 2007 [ 6 Answers ]

I know I should probably get an accountant for my takes this year, but I figured I would ask. For the first part of the year I lived and worked in NYC until August when I had an apartment in both NYC and NJ :( . Then for the rest of the year I lived in NJ and worked in NYC. I also started paying on...

F1 on CPT worked in MA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on F1-visa from india. I worked on CPT in Boston for 2 1/2 months. My wage is 8280 Federal held 1334.89 Ma state held 434.89 I study in NM and my wages for all the year including above one is 19,230.

What has worked the best for you in terms of getting over your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

I know that many of us have been through bad breakups lately and I thought it would help everyone, myself included, to have lots of readily available information, advice, stories, or tips on what things have helped people here to get over their exes all in one post. It could even be printed out and...

How is cot worked out [ 1 Answers ]

1*(0.6+cot(180/44)) The Above Equation Is Bugging Me As I Do Not Know What Cot Is, Could Some On Please Help Me Out

View more questions Search