Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    086 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 08:51 AM
    How come he didn't wait for me?
    This guy and I have always been attracted to each other, we dated a couple of times, the attraction was strong, but we never kissed or took it further because he had just relocated to a new country. 5 months later I have also moved to the same country (not because of him) but for a fantastic oppourtunity, anyway, he knew I was moving over.. we recently caught up and I find he has a girlfriend..

I know we were never officially together, and I also dated too in the time apart.. but nothing serious, because I knew it I was moving.. but my question is, how come he didn't wait to see how things pan out with me at all since he knew I was moving over? I am just left a little shocked..
    isabelgopo Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Apr 19, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Why don't you ask him? Since you didn't move for him but for the good opportunity, he probably has no clue of what your intentions are. Men are pretty simple when it comes to relationships.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
    With it all, you dated, he dated and his perhaps became more serious.
    Since the two of you did not have a formal relastionship he had no reason to wait. This is something y ou have to talk to him about
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 09:41 AM
    How disappointing! I can't know what he was thinking, of course. But here's a guess. Some people show a lot more enthusiasm for other people than they actually feel--that's how they flirt. He may have had the same "mutual attraction" for half a dozen other women. I'm guessing your guy felt that you were just one of several possibilities and a long shot at that. He didn't know if you would actually come over.

I remember spending a wonderful evening once with someone from another country and I thought we really liked each other. I was kind of smitten. (No touching or kissing though). When he got home I wrote to him a couple of times and he didn't even answer. Later, I found out he was married, which he had somehow neglected to mention...

I think you should count your blessings that he found someone else because he probably would have made you unhappy. You seem to have different assumptions about relationships. I say this with sympathy, as I'm more of a one guy at a time type myself.

Congratulations on your new job! I am sure you'll meet someone else. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will he wait? [ 2 Answers ]

If a guy truly loves a girl do u think he'll wait until she's ready to have sex with him even if he'll have to wait, say for about 3 years?

Should I ask him or should I wait [ 7 Answers ]

There is this guy at my school that I really like. Every one says that he likes me and I can tell that he does by the way that he acts around me. He is really shy so I don't know if I should ask him out or wait for him to ask me out. What do I do. Please help.

Should I let go or wait it out? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for the past year after being together for almost 4 years now. He strongly expressed to me living together and getting married later when we first started getting serious within our first year of being together but I was against it. I have been in some...

Do I need to see a dr. Or wait? [ 2 Answers ]

HI! My name is sharlynn. I'm a 23 y/o massage therapist. I have been trying to conceive for a little more than a year now (not diligently, just not preventing it so to speak)... for the past couple of months now I haven't been worried about it whatsoever I've just been living life. (so I'm not...

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

View more questions Search