sunrise1955 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 04:08 AM
    Quick Claim Deed
    Can anyone tell me what a Quick Claim Deed is. Thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Hello sunrise:

Yes, it's a quit claim. That means you're giving up your right to certain property.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 06:23 AM
    It is a deed that transferes ownership. The seller is basically saying that "IF" they own any part of that property, they are selling it to the buyer.
    There is no warranty that the person actually even owns the property, no warranty that there is no other liens on the property.

It is used often for transfers between family members, and in other sales where the seller does not want to take any liablity in the sale.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise1955
    Can anyone tell me what a Quick Claim Deed is. Thank you

Perhaps should be combined with OP's other thread on same subject.
    sunrise1955 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 07:07 AM
    I am not sure how this forum works, but your answers have not been of any help. I am hoping that someone will have the answer for the difference between Survivorship and Transfer on Death Deed. I also was wondering what a Quick Claim Deed is. Your response is to get a lawyer, do a will, is fine, but it is of no help and does not answer any of my questions. Perhaps someone else has that knowledge. As I am well aware that I can get a lawyer, draw up a will, and I have been told that Deeds can not be contested as easy as a Will. I just wanted to have a little knowledge myself. Thank you for trying to help
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 07:20 AM
    I am not sure how this forum works, but your answers have not been of any help. I am hoping that someone will have the answer for the difference between Survivorship and Transfer on Death Deed. I also was wondering what a Quick Claim Deed is. Your response is to get a lawyer, do a will, is fine, but it is of no help and does not answer any of my questions. Perhaps someone else has that knowledge. As I am well aware that I can get a lawyer, draw up a will, and I have been told that Deeds can not be contested as easy as a Will. I just wanted to have a little knowledge myself. Thank you for trying to help
    Ask the right question and get the right answer, you know? This particular question has more information, and is easier to answer, than the original, in that you are comparing a deed to a will. They are similar instruments, except a deed takes effect upon delivery and a will takes place upon death. Both are dated, signed (executed), and witnessed.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 07:23 AM

I am not translating the following legal language because I think it's pretty clear - and straight off the Internet: (Does this answer your questions?)

What is Survivorship Tenancy?
    Real estate may be owned by two or more persons in survivorship form so that upon the death of any one of them the title of the deceased person would pass to the survivor or survivors. Title may be transferred without court proceedings by filing an affidavit and death certificate with the County Auditor and Recorder.
    1. What is Joint and Survivorship property?
    Joint and survivorship property is property held by two or more persons jointly; each party has equal rights of possession and income. On the death of one joint tenant, his interest transfer to the benefit of the survivor or the survivors in equal shares, without court proceedings. One joint tenant can sever the joint tenancy by conveying his interest to a third party.
    Joint and survivorship ownership may be useful in certain situations. However, court proceedings may be necessary to transfer clear title to the assets and to determine Ohio estate taxes. Tax consequences can be detrimental to the beneficiaries if joint and survivorship ownership is used imprudently.

A quitclaim deed is a term used in property law to describe a document by which a person (the "grantor") disclaims any interest the grantor may have in a piece of real property and passes that claim to another person (the grantee). A quitclaim deed neither warrants nor professes that the grantor's claim is actually valid. By comparison, a grant deed (or in some U.S. States, a warranty deed), which is normally used for real estate sales, contains certain warranties that vary from state to state. Quitclaim deeds are sometimes used for transfers between family members, gifts, placing personal property into a business entity, or to eliminate clouds on title, or in other special or unusual circumstances.
    An example of a circumstance where a quitclaim may be used is where one spouse (grantor) is disclaiming any interest in property that the other spouse (grantee) owns. A quitclaim deed would typically be used in this circumstance.

TRANSFER ON DEATH DEED: A deed conveying any interest in real property, and in substance following the form set forth in this division, when duly executed in accordance with Chapter 5301. Of the Revised Code and recorded in the office of the county recorder, creates a present interest as sole owner or as a tenant in common in the grantee and creates a transfer on death interest in the beneficiary or beneficiaries. Upon the death of the grantee, the deed vests the interest of the decedent in the beneficiary or beneficiaries.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 08:53 AM

Standing alone this is confusing - should be combined. There are several answers on the other thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quick claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a trust deed compelled accounting can I recive a quick claim deed will this ensure my home as mine?

I have a home in providence, ri I sign a quick claim deed to a friend because I had other homes and wanted either sell this one or pass it to a friend which I did.. however I sign the claim deed in June and she was going to trasferred the loan to her name right away but this has not yet happened...

Quick claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

I am buying a house from a lady who has the power of attorney from her father who is in a nursing home. She is selling his home. The land with the house is approximately 1.5 acres, but the land description on the deed does not include this much. The driveway and garage aren't part of the...

Does your name come off the mortgage if you sign the deed over to the other person who's name is also on the mortgage

Quick CLaim Deed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I title my house into my sisters name, but still keep tax benefits and mortgage interest deduction? I would still live in the house and pay the mortgage and taxes.

View more questions Search