Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Apr 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Women should always walk behind their men
    Ok, I do NOT believe that but I needed to get your attention. I was analyzing my last relationship and I realized that at the beginning we walked side by side, but near the middle to the end I was always walking behind my ex. Sometimes he would walk way ahead of me and never wait for me to catch up. I felt like a little puppy. What do people think when they see this? Do you all think it is wrong for a women to walk behind her man? What does it mean when a woman walks ahead of her man?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 01:02 AM
    I honestly don't think too much weight is put into it these days. You could ask him to wait up for you, that you would much rather walk beside him, then behind him. See what he says about that.

I know I am a very fast walker and have to remind myself to slow down a bit, so hubby can keep up.

I don't think there is much significance, now adays in this part of the world as to who walks ahead of who, in a general sense.

It's more of a courteous thing, for the faster walker to slow it down a pace, so you can walk side by side.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 01:27 AM
    It really depends on the circumstances... if I'm walking through a crowd, I usually walk in front of the girl so I can "clear the way" for her, and I hold her by her hand and pull her through behind me.

If we're walking into a building, I let her go in first.

If we're walking together, we're usually walking side by side...

.. but really, as Allheart says, I don't think it matters much... only depends if your guy means to walk in front of you and have you follow him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
    It can be dangerous, as if the man stops, and the female isn't paying attention, then the man can end up with an umbrella up his a$$. That ain't no fun in public.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
    I personally walk with a cane, my wife normally gets ahead of me and has to stop and wait for me to catch up.

It sounds more like one person is not paying the attention to the other party like they did when they were first together and in doing this, is just walking faster.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 12:01 AM
    If you are walking together than you should be side by side, this isn't the 1800's. My hubby and I always walk side by side, but like Sneezy said, if we are walking in to a building then he holds the door and I go in first, but if we are in a crowded place he usually drags me behind him. ;)

I think it wall depends, if he's doing it because he thinks that's were you belong then I'd have a problem with it, but otherwise it depends on the situation.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Are you series? Can not read into who walks and how , etc...

I think your way way over analyzing. It is something that is being done,

Because your not over the loss of your relationship. Why do you think

Your having a hard time letting go?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I walk away [ 2 Answers ]

So in October, my ex husband and I finalized our divorce. The divorce decree says that I am responsible for the first mortgage and he is responsible for the second and when are prepayment penalty has expired Feb 2009, we will sell the house and split the value. He gets to live in the home, while...

Why do straight women fool around with straight women: An open discussion. [ 55 Answers ]

Ever wondered why straight women fool around with other straight (or gay) women? Ever tried it? Ever regretted it? Thoughts?

How is it that a man can walk away after knowing a women for 33 years ? [ 3 Answers ]

In which the wife was loyal and supportive to him and a good companion? He walked away without looking back to go and start a life with a women 30 years his junior that he met on the internet on Christmas day. This man only ever met this younger women 3 times before he decided to abandon his...

Can I walk away? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, here is my story. I live in an apartment complex in Florida. I have put in various maintenance requests, but only about 1/2 of them they forward to maintenance. I recently had to call code enforcement to resolve one issue. This resulted in my landlord absolutely hating me, but the job...

Should I walk away? [ 213 Answers ]

hey guys I am new to this site so please bare with me =) I am 26 year old male who I would say am a good looking guy, I own my own house, I have a good job etc... I guess what I am trying to say is I have a good life and I have a lot to show for. Now 6 montn I fell deeply in love with an old...

View more questions Search