Ask
    Classmate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Building an argument
    When building an argument is it more important to be valid or sound
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Sometimes just being louder, or staying it more. A lie told loud enough and long enough is often accepted as fact.

But valid and sound are normally words used to mean the same thing ? So I can't see where the difference is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wack argument [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I have not asked in a while but I do not no what to do!! My ex is being so retardid! I mean I loce the kid and he was my first love but I can still not get over him!! I tried doing what everyone told me to do but we got in an argument the other night and he told me to fugure out what I want...

How to get the work done without going for argument [ 4 Answers ]

I'm married recently .My wife is abit sentimental and so one have to be very careful when he/she interacts with her. In short I feel she is yet to be matured. I want her to continue her studies.But the problem is she has lost interest in it .Though she also wants to complete her graduation...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

Diagonal argument? [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the following problem: We have the following sets: A={S where S is a bounded sequence of natural numbers} B={S where S is an increasing bounded sequence of natural numbers} I need to prove that set A is not denumerable and set B is denumerable. For the first one, could I use...

Family argument [ 5 Answers ]

Some years back, my in-laws had loaned my brother some money without my knowledge. I came to know of this news much later just by chance. The money was never returned back and no topic had come up to return it. Now, some crisis has arisen and my in-laws are demanding the money back. I am in the...

View more questions Search