Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satindove1974 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Probation violation 1st offense
    My friend is on probation and got violated for the first time for obstruction of justice(1st offense ever) and a DUI(1st offense ever)but he also got charged with assault on a family member, which will be dropped by that family member before his court date for it. Does he qualify for a bond hearing? And can they reinstate his probation after his assault charge is dropped?:confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by satindove1974
    My friend is on probation and got violated for the first time for obstruction of justice(1st offense ever) and a DUI(1st offense ever)but he also got charged with assault on a family member, which will be dropped by that family member before his court date for it. Does he qualify for a bond hearing? and can they reinstate his probation after his assault charge is dropped?:confused:

The family member can't drop the charge - the charge is now the State vs your friend, not a family member vs your friend.

He seems to have violated without the assault charge so, no, no matter what happens with that, they don't have to automatically reinstate his probation.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
    He has to go to a probation violating hearing and the judge will have to decide what to do with him whether he reinstates the probation or has him do some time in jail.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 02:49 PM
    They may allow a bond till the probation hearing.

But also who ever told you that the person could just drop the charges, are they going to go and lie and say it never happened. No, they may ask the DA to drop but the DA does not have to. And even if they drop the charges, the judge could still revolk the probatoin because of it.

But obstruction, DUI and assult, they have to worry about those charges more than anything, with them already on probation.

They have a very very serious need for an attorney before any court dates or hearing dates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation violation (first offense) [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend was arrested vop on a felony charge Friday. It was his first violation. He had smoked marij and told his officer as he was being asked for a urine sample. She did not allow him to pee even though he wanted to. She wrote that he refused his test which isn't really true. He just...

Violating Probation first offense [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 17yrs old I got arrested for Grand Theft Auto which became a lesser charge a misdemeanor Borrowing without Permission. I was given 2 years probation they have given me tons of breaks by not violating but today I was told they were going to violate me for not making it to these classes...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

This is my third time violating I have no communtity service to do maily its just the money they want I owe roughly four-thousand dollars which I have but I wondering if I pay them what I owe get a lawyer will I be able to stay out of jail

Violation of Probation for DUI 2nd offense [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all~ My ex-boyfriend currently violated his probation regarding his 2nd DUI and spent 30 days in jail. The terms of his probation when he had his hearing on 04/25/07 was not to drink and was scheduled to go into a two week rehab facility. I was not with him, so his story I am guessing is...

Probation Violation in FL [ 5 Answers ]

HELP, please!! I just received a letter from the Clerk of Courts stating that I am in violation of probation and there is a warrant for my arrest. They also returned my money order for payment of fines. Apparently, I did not pay the fines by the deadline. I have contacted my attorney, however,...

View more questions Search