Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miller44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Looking for answers
    The primary purpose of an electrical service drip loop is to prevent water from
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 09:49 AM
    The primary purpose of any drip loop is to prevent water from getting into the house.

If you run a wire down the wall and into the house, water will follow the line created by the wire.

However, if you make a small loop of wire under the entry hole and then run the wire up and into the entry hole the water will drip off the loop and not enter the house.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Sounds like another homework question to me!
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Apr 18, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    The primary purpose of any drip loop is to prevent water from getting into the house.

If you run a wire down the wall and into the house, water will follow the line created by the wire.

However, if you make a small loop of wire under the entry hole and then run the wire up and into the entry hole the water will drip off of the loop and not enter the house.
    To add, it's to prevent the water from getting into the electrical equipment. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any answers ? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, just over two weeks ago I noticed a brownish discharge coming from me. Then last week I got my period (just like scheduled because I am on birth control) and now my period is gone and this brown stuff is back again... any answers??

I need answers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of felonies and I'm scared as hell to apply for job. What should I do?

I need answers. [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend broke up with me for some reason, now me and him goes to a concert on weekends with my sis, and bro. in law, I pay more attention to my brother in law, and my ex starts to play restle with me, Does he still want me?

Need answers [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. My question is, I have been living with my boyfriend in his home for 14 years. We have a 12 year old daughter together. Does he have the right to throw me out whenever we have a fight?

View more questions Search