Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wkhalima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Beginning Retained Earnings
    I am having trouble figuring out how to obtain the amount for beginning retained earnings. What do I have to add or subtract in order to get this figure?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 12:15 PM
    It should be shown in the retained earning at the previous period balance sheet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone confirm that's the correct definition of R.E. I thought R.E. is net not pay out dividend but my professor has in his note as "Retained Earnings = Earnings less dividends"

Earnings per share and retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused on how to calculate the earnings per share and the common dividend per share as well as figure out what the increased retained earnings for the year. The problem states that the company had an operating profit of $210,000. Interest expense for the year was $30,000; preferred...

Beginning Retained Earnings -? [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me where I should be looking in order to locate the 'Beginning" R/E? I've looked on the Balance Sheet and the Income Statement and I can't figure out where 'they' got the number. :confused:

Retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

During 2006, Edgemont Corporation had revenues of $230,000 and expenses, including income taxes, of $190,000. On December 31, 2005, Edgemont had assets of $350,000, liabilities of $80,000, and capital stock of $210,000. Edgemont paid a cash dividend of $25,000 in 2006. No additional stock was...

View more questions Search