Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anubis666 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 11:17 PM
    Well that's hard to interpret, since I've never met anybody like me, everybodys unique in their own way, so nobody is alike in that respect... what I don't feel isn't a good thing, nor is it a bad thing - so it can't be a god complex, and I don't experience other symptoms so it isn't paranoia... so in all honesty I can't figure out what your trying to say
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 11:10 AM
    My opinion:

I think that you have developed a fear of your own emotions from way back in your personal history. You have totally repressed all your emotions.

At this point, you are a cypher. That is a way of participating in the rich emotional life of humanity without experiencing any highs or lows of emotional passion yourself.

You can make small breakthroughs to emotion if you wish, in my opinion... if you want to fill out your humanity.

Good luck in 2008 :)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
    I want to add that your thoughts of this sociopath are an indication of your anger trying to express itself in a "logical" manner. I think perhaps down deep you are worried that you are going to "blow".

NOTE: None of my comments relate to Wondergirl.
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
    It actually sounds much more like a case of clinical drepression to me, rather than being a sociopath. Lots of the visual distortions sound very like what other people with clinical depression can suffer.

I would advise going to a doctor, and having a full physical investigation first.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Apr 18, 2008, 03:37 PM
    I am not sure that your assessment of serial killers is an accurate one. And I find it difficult to believe that you would feel good about yourself and feel that somehow you are "like" some serial killer because "he had no emotion". I am not sure that you understand why people write that serial killers have no emotion - really meaning that they have no empathy for another person - not that they have no emotion.

Despite what you read in the newspaper, serial killers would have to be extremely emotional about what they feel and believe in order to destroy someone - usually they are men with strong sexual feelings who have maladjusted and warped ideas about not only sexuality but about human beings and life in general. There is a tremendous contradiction between what they feel and what they believe - and therefore frustration and limitation in their own power to live a normal life. This is a person that has no options and cannot relate in a healthy way to other human beings and situations. And they have no internal control to stop them from being as cruel as they can be. It truly is a disaster of a person who lives in bondage and limitation - and failure as a human being.

My concern for you is why you would want to associate yourself with something that has a purpose to destroy - this identity of purpose that is useless and harmful to you and other people. I mean you are associating yourself with pain, suffering, and destruction and that is my concern. This man you mention is a total failure of a man and for you to think that somehow you are "like" him because you have no emotion - is to associate yourself with a useless life - a total failure of a life.

And this is really unfair to you as a young person who is growing up and is a part of this world.

There is no doubt in my mind that these men suffer - terrible injustice and horrible suffering because their parents could not give them what they needed emotionally - but this is no excuse for taking a human life.

The day will come when people will realize that we all have feelings and thoughts and that it is really all right to be alive. You are not different as you say - you are human and one of us and while you may not be having emotional experiences that are making you feel alive right now - you must not be discouraged. What you describe is really more about unhappiness - no emotion, no reaction. I agree with those here that mention that you may have cut yourself off from your emotions - because maybe it is all too painful and you need to be safe. I've had to do that - we have all had to do that.

I am sorry to be so blunt - but you need a new recognition, a new way of looking at yourself and your life. One that is real and positive and alive - that acknowledges you the person, you the young person, you the one who wants to connect, to achieve good things and good desires and be with other people - one who is free and limitless in all he can be.

Some people are just more cognitive than other people - and that is all right. Some of us are more emotional - and that is all right also. Can you accept yourself as just yourself without any worry that you are not all right - align yourself with your goodness and true spirit. Write back and say how you are doing. Bless you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 07:23 PM
    As long as you are not out to harm anybody, (I am pretty sure THAT is called sociopath,) you should be okay. I have had to hold a lot of emotion in much of my life and feel pretty much the same way. I am sure that being pushed hard and stress often causes a lot of this.
    Turasleon Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anubis666
    I was wondering if anyone here either has this condition or has heard of anything similar and might be interested.

But for as long as I can remember, I dont know how and I dont know why, but i do not feel anything emotionally. Its not specific to good or bad emotions, it really is something iv never heard of. I do feel physical aspects of course, for instance pain. But inside it's as if im hollow, and im not blocking it out - its just not there. Im not looking for a solution or sympathy, because of course neither are applicable or deserved...what im looking for is a name to attach - or perhaps to speak with someone who's experienced something similar.

Iv been told many times in my life, by friends, that when they look into my eyes they see nothing - that iv just developed a vacant stare....which iv been told is quite unnerving. I dont wish to tell anyone I know that I feel nothing - because I think it would change the way they felt about me, as knowing i can't return their friendship would make them think that they are not getting anything out of the relationship, which they are - more so than any relationship they have. I'll explain...

I dont know if this issue is seperate, or somehow connected - but I have some strange ability to see what people are feeling, instantaneously, just by looking at them. In most cases I can tell what they are thinking. Not in a psychic sense, but as if the fact that i have no emotion inside, can detect the emotions that others are feeling.

Anyway iv said more than enough, if anybodys interested - leave me a comment.

Thanks.
    You may think I'm insane for asking, but what is your birthday? You may think I'm a bit off just by asking this question, but it may cause me to give better insight than you think.

I'm interested in figuring out the situation. I've been doing my best to learn, and understand, how and why people think how they think, do what they do, and feel how they feel, and just to give my own personal insight and understanding.
    pleasehelpme101 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
    OK understand this you might be hollow but its not a bad thing that's who you are maby its who you were meant to be I thingk that you should help people be a counselor help anyone you can even people on this site there are a lot of people who need help and I feel that you have the ability to help them. I used to have the same problem I used to be hollow and I didn't feel anything and well I started helping people and as I saw how people feel it was pretty much monkey see monkey do I helped people and it also helped me so yeah just be your own person be all that you can be and things will get better for you I will pray for you and I give you my best wishes hang in there OK!
    anubis666 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 05:48 AM
    OK I've left this a while and a lot of crazy posts have come in. I have not repressed any emotions, of that I'm sure - I never believed I was a sociopath nor felt a complete likeness to a serial killer - just the way that they don't feel bad about doing that kind of stuff, regardless of what I do I don't feel good or bad emotions. I'm not in a state of depression - I'm actually rather content with my life, I just prefer seclusion, to be alone with my thoughts - I want to just disappear, to not be known by anyone and for no-one to truly know me... its what I want - I don't think I need help or a solution all this original post was for is to see if there's anyone like me... see how they live their life - I've satisfied that curiosity thanks all
    Trigger76 Posts: 6, Reputation: -1

May 27, 2008, 01:02 AM
    This numb feeling is actually a sign of depression. But it could actually have a medical root to it. Hormones possibly. Hard to say without knowing more about you, but don't feel (ha-ha!) alone. Basically, a lot of times I feel this way too. But I feel anger, and triumph, and empathy, and hopeful in between those times.
    But if there is a sense of "overload" that there is just too much to process, I tend to just feel nothing. I don't care about what happens to me. I can see other peoples' emotions very clearly also. (And BTW, if you ever start to legitimately think you can hear people's thoughts or hear other voices, you have a serious problem and need to see a professional right away. You wouldn't be the first person to have it, and they will give you some medication to help the voices stop. But this does not sound like your issue.) I would tell you to seek a councelor or psychologist, but I find them useless. Do try to talk to someone.
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

May 27, 2008, 07:57 AM
    Some people may misunderstand the meaning of the term sociopath. The term sociopath means that someone feels no emotions. The negative connotations are because someone who feels no emotions, by definition, does not feel guilt, shame, sympathy, or pangs of conscience. So, if what you say is true, you are a sociopath by definition. Inside the Mind of a Sociopath . Roughly 4% of the population are sociopaths.

Nevertheless, your reaction on April 23rd suggests to me that you do, in fact, feel emotions (you were showing signs of anger) which suggests to me that you are merely not good at associating emotions with words, OR that you are depressed.
    Systematicvoid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 01:56 AM
    which iv been told is quite unnerving. I dont wish to tell anyone I know that I feel nothing - because I think it would change the way they felt about me, as knowing i can't return their friendship would make them think that they are not getting anything out of the relationship, which they are - more so than any relationship they have. I'll explain...
    The fact that you care about their thoughts, opinions and losing them shows that you have feelings, you're either denying them for whatever reason or just simply faking it. Not to mention the fact that you are worried about these things.

Stop biting off those who truly have nothing inside, this seems more like a quote or knockoff from something else.

There are those who really feel nothing, those who can care less if their best friend leaves them, their parents die or worse. Those are true Narcissistic sociopaths, or in other words, people who are truly free from the limitations and retainment of traditional society.

Accept this and move on.
    hannah_banana91 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
    I was wondering if anyone here either has this condition or has heard of anything similar and might be interested.

But for as long as I can remember, I dont know how and I dont know why, but i do not feel anything emotionally. Its not specific to good or bad emotions, it really is something iv never heard of. I do feel physical aspects of course, for instance pain. But inside it's as if im hollow, and im not blocking it out - its just not there. Im not looking for a solution or sympathy, because of course neither are applicable or deserved...what im looking for is a name to attach - or perhaps to speak with someone who's experienced something similar.

Iv been told many times in my life, by friends, that when they look into my eyes they see nothing - that iv just developed a vacant stare....which iv been told is quite unnerving. I dont wish to tell anyone I know that I feel nothing - because I think it would change the way they felt about me, as knowing i can't return their friendship would make them think that they are not getting anything out of the relationship, which they are - more so than any relationship they have. I'll explain...

I dont know if this issue is seperate, or somehow connected - but I have some strange ability to see what people are feeling, instantaneously, just by looking at them. In most cases I can tell what they are thinking. Not in a psychic sense, but as if the fact that i have no emotion inside, can detect the emotions that others are feeling.

Thanks.
    I've had the same thing. Email me [email protected] and I'll explain some interesting secrets of what I've learned to be... reasons for this... lack of feeling emotionally
    tiamokiss Posts: 54, Reputation: 5

Jun 10, 2008, 10:56 PM

Thanks.
    Oh dear, yeah I know what your talking about, but don't you think that by leaving this message is somekind of an emotional thing to do :) ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reason vs. Emotion [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for y'all. When you're dealing with the opposite sex, do you listen primarily to reason or your emotions? This can be anytime you're making any sort of decision: whether you'd make a good match, interpreting their actions towards you, anything. And if you care to...

View more questions Search