Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vex_helix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2004, 10:28 AM
    Earth's heating
    Hi,

Most of us know that the radioactive stuff in the earth's mantle is responsible for heat production. But what does this has to with cooling of the earth and the planet's thermal budget? Is this where convection heat transfer come in?

Also does anyone know a characteristic timescale of heat transport from the earth's core to the surface?

Hoping to learn from this forum :)
    Gant

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Oil Question [ 4 Answers ]

Heating oil here is OUTRAGEOUS... over $3 a gallon for #2 fuel oil... can I run kerosene instead which is only $2.20 a gallon?if so what will the long term damage be to my furnace... im really really short on cash right now but I don't want to blow my furnace up or anything... I've already bought...

Heating and air [ 1 Answers ]

How do I rewire a furnace so that the air works the blower

Heating problem [ 7 Answers ]

I have an oil fired heating system in my house with hot water baseboards. Most of the house is heated fine except for the kitchen and 2nd. Bathroom. These rooms or split off the main trunk feed and return lines but my main bathroom on the second floor is also getting it's heat from this line and...

Central Heating [ 8 Answers ]

Im not sure my central heating is working fine. I bought a new home and I have lived there about 2 yrs but I rarely used my central heating (long enough) over this time. Recently I used my central heating long enough (over 3 hrs) and noted that while the heating is good initially, the air looses...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.