Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morbahound123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 04:34 PM
    I'm going to high, but
    I'm going to high and I'm wondering wjat I should do. I mean what is to come for me. Will it be the same as jr. high?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 04:45 PM
    No. You have to work for grades. And work hard. This is getting you ready for College.
    Kellie_h20 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Remember to have fun and work hard I am going to be a Senior next year and the best advice I can give you is to remember that it is just not one big party! I spent my freshman and sophomore years messing around and I am paying for it big time now! Work hard, join some clubs, get your name out there! High School will be a lot better if you are known by the right people and not for how much alcohol you can drink in one night or how high you were the night before! Try not to get into that whole scene I did and now I have to work twice as hard as my friends who didn't get into it.

Good Luck!
    ♥♥Kellie♥♥
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Don't let anybody scare you by answering and saying:
    "you have to work so hard, its for college."
    Well sure, it helps you prepare for further education, but no, it's not incredibly different then middle school, you'll probably find yourself actually liking it a lot more than it actually.
    Just make sure you do your homework and turn it in on time, that's my problem. Ehh and now I have to take summer school. Ha
    Have fun and you'll find out that it's nothing worth worrying about. :)
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 03:32 PM
    I'm not trying to scare her by telling her that high school is to prepare her for college. I'm educating her. High school is important. And by telling her "have fun and you'll find out its nothing worth worrying about" will make her end up in summer school. As I recall, that's not a good thing.

High school is important, work hard. There is plenty of time for fun. Take some fun electives. Arts are always fun. Take some extra curricular activities. Sports are fun, good for you, and colleges love to see that on an application. Plus, these things are great ways to meet new and interesting friends.
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Thank you Kellie--you've made some very good points as well!
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

May 1, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Its almost easier than Middle school because the teachers don't check your hw for correctness just to make sure its done. So your grades have a chance to approve. Plus you will get out earlier 1 hour probably. Im in all advance classes and its been pretty easy. I get no homework like everyday, but I do have to study a lot. The only thing that is different is the amount of students. You will probably not see many of your friends often, but you will make new ones easy
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Not all high schools are the same. Most teachers check your work to make sure it is correct. That's how you obtain a grade.
    Kellie_h20 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2008, 05:53 AM
    There are a lot more students butI still see my friedns from middle and elementary school! But, it is a good idea to make new ones! Teachers do check work though! I don't know what kind of High School Chris is going to but At all the ones I have gone to or have friends going to in Vegas they have checked work so... don't think that you can write just anything down and get away with it!
    Vision Expert

May 2, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie_h20
    there are a lot more students butI still see my friedns from middle and elementary school! But, it is a good idea to make new ones! Teachers do check work though! I dont know what kind of High School Chris is going to but At all the ones I have gone to or have friends going to in Vegas they have checked work so... dont think that you can write just anything down and get away with it!
    Yes, please do your work thoroughly. I am tempted to give this person a reddie for the bad advice, but I can say here that it's not good advice, and I think the OP will get the idea. I wanted to add another point.

When given the opportunity for extra credit--TAKE IT! I once got a 105% in a class. My Dad gave me allowances for high grades on my report card, when he saw the 105% he took me to Disney Land. So, take the chance. Plus colleges see that sort of thing, and know that you are a very DRIVEN and DEDICATED individual. Extra credit rocks!!
    Vision Expert

May 2, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I miss high school!
    looking4truth Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Im sure a lot of people in your life have told you don't mess up in the beginning, but I know I never listened to them. I wish I would have now, I'm a senior and I messed up big my freshmen and sophomore year and now I'm paying. In most public high schools the students who did well in the beginning are rewarded in the end. Like at my school, a lot of my fellow seniors have all the credits they need and they only have a 1st hour meaning their day is done after only one class! Awesome huh? And some have been done for the last month and don't have to come at all... wish that was me! So just listen when people tell you to do good all 4 years but really focus on your first 2, and let me tell you those are the ones that are the easiest to mess up and get distracted in partying, and it may make you feel cool for a while, but your not and its not worth it. Also do all homework CORRECTLY it will be graded for mistakes 80% of the time with very few exceptions, and don't get behind, its hard to catch up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Their going to high school! And I'm not! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm one of the stat girls for 7th/8th grade wrestling.the other person who stats is in 8th grade,and more thatn half the wrestlers are un 8th.next year,their going to high scjool,but I'm staying in middle school 4 another year.im going to miss everyone,but ecspecially my crush! I mite never see him...

What About 'It's high time' [ 3 Answers ]

Will someone please explain all the details of the usage of the phrase 'it's high time we leave' or 'left' with references from the masters of english language. I will be thankful.

How High [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the song which is played in the How High movie, at the moment that Redman get`s waked up, for training, by a joint and a huge BOX which plays the song I`m looking for. Thanks in advance.

Does he get high from sniffing. [ 4 Answers ]

Timmy also like to sniff plastic... he is constantly sniffing any plastic thing in our house such as; trash bags, grocery bags, our shower curtain, suitcase knobs, any trash that's plastic, literally anything plastic he will sit by and sniff until we shew him away. When we come in the house with...

Flange too high [ 6 Answers ]

Hi - We have a roughed in two piece bathroom in our basement. We had a plumber come in yesterday to run the water lines. He told us that the flange is "way too high" and wants to break the concrete and lower the flange. Is this really necessary? We are thinking of putting carpet in there which...

View more questions Search