Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thatsme101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Can steroids affect the brain?
    Look got a friend that mixed a cylce of dianabol and teston QV 200, 1cc every week. Well since he's off them his brain or his head has been affecting him, he can't workout anymore cause every time he goes to lift weight he gets bluring in the vision and an instant headach, he says he feels like throwing up and feels like he's about to pass out.
    Any answers would help me thnks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Yes they certain can affect your brain. Your friend is not imaging his symptoms. If his symptoms do not go away shortly I suggest that he contact a dr as blurred vision and headaches don't sound good. Anytime you get blurred vision it's a red flag being sent up by your body to you saying "please pay attention to me as there is something very wrong".
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Your friend was taking 2 strong androgens. I have mixed D-bol and Testosterone numerous times over the past 12 years. Strong androgens can give you headaches from the increase in blood pressure.

But it sounds like what your friend has is a lot worse than what steroids do. It sounds like he has strained himself, possibly from lifting too heavy of a weight. I agree, in that he should see his doctor, but I strongly disagree that steroids had ANYTHING to do with this.

Also, you mentioned he was taking QV 200, 1cc a week. QV (brand name is Quality Vet) is a veterinary steroid of testosterone, in 200mg/ml strength. If he was taking 200mg per week (1 cc), then his dosing was VERY light considering what most bodybuilders (including myself) taken on a weekly basis.

Also, you said these symptoms came AFTER he finished his cycle, and NOT during. Again, steroids has nothing to do with how is head is feeling right now. Tell him to go get checked...

... and tell him to get his blood work done too to see what his tesosterone to epitestosterone ratios are. If this ratio is off, his doctor may have to perscribe him a fertility drug to bring back his hormone levels to normal. I'm guessing he never took any anchillary drugs to help him recover (huge mistake)...

... he sounds very uneducated, and should have done more research before pursuing this level of commitment. I studied steroids, anabolics, and androgens for 5 years before I started...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

Steroids.what will happen [ 27 Answers ]

Okay well first of all I know steroids are bad I have a big book on working out and it tells you everything about them and how in the long run if you use them for awhile you could get serious probablys and how there really is no point to taking them because you just lose the muscel.. but this is my...

Brain Surgeon [ 1 Answers ]

How would I become a brain surgeon? How long would it take?

Budgies and steroids? [ 1 Answers ]

My budgie 4 yrs of age has chronic liver disease with all the associated problems of that (gut probs etc) and scratching round vent lots. The vet now says that the last resort for him to make him comfortable would be steroid injections... has anyone heard of this and if they have what results have...

Brain storming [ 1 Answers ]

How can I narrow a topic to asingle spoke or sub-header of a spoke on the map?

View more questions Search