Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Apr 17, 2008, 11:11 AM
    First time renting alone
    So used to rent with my ex, a room then an apt. now I'm looking for a place to rent by myself and I have no clue what I'm doing. I hit up some local roommate finder sites but when I get replys and what not what should I be looking for? What are things I should beware of? What ammenities should be included all that stuff any help would be awsome. Also if I'm just renting can I get a contract for a period of living there because I don't really want to be kicked out or like have to move every few months because people want there friends to move in or w.e. thank you..
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 11:19 AM
    I actually am looking for an apartment of my own currently...

Things to look for are...

Amenities (what does the complex offer... security, pool, club house, laundry facilities, etc)

Is there a washer/dryer in the unit? Do you have to pay separately for that?

What utilities? (is the water paid for separately... trash disposal separately... does the complex use elec + gas or just electric... )

Pet fee/deposit (if you have pets)

Also, once you found an apartment, go to the local police department and ask for their crime stats for that specific complex. This will help you decide whether it's safe enough to move there.

Ask them for their lease options... month to month, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 24 months, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renting and being foreclosed on [ 3 Answers ]

We are renting a house and it is being foreclosed on. Do we still pay the rent? How long do we have before we have to move out? We are in Minnesota

Renting a house. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just moved into a house, and I have 3 months of security and I was just served papers of a foreclosure on this house. Know I rented from a realastate and they knew nothing about this.Do I have to move or do I get to live out my security? I have to write a letter to the clerk at the court in 20...

Illegal renting? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in pa and am currently renting a part of a house that has two separate entrances but has a door to go to the landlords side that I have no control of the lock... this makes me uneasy and unsecure... it is set up very much identical to a mother daughter single family house... the landlord has...

Renting or investing [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if buying a property for approx 90,000 dollars and living in it for approx a year, then turning it into a rental property would have any tax advantages, and if so what would they be? Thanks, KChagnon

View more questions Search