Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horn_jones Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Filipino seeking German(Schengen) Visa
    I have a friend in the Philippines that I have invited to visit me in Germany. I have sent him the required Verpflichtungserklärung from the Bürgeramt in the city where I live, Mainz. I have also purchased health insurance for him from the AXA concern, and he has a round trip airplane ticket. But, he is concerned that his visa application will be rejected anyway because he is unemployed and owns no land in the Philippines.

Does anyone have experience in obtaining a tourist visa for a Filipino wishing to visit Germany? My friend has an interview at the German Embassy. Does anyone know what type of questions he will be asked?
    izolday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 08:31 AM
    Hi there.. I have the same question like you.. did your filipino friend went to germany having the schengen visa?

Feb 28, 2009, 02:42 PM
    To answer your question, no. My friend was denied a Schengen-Visa to Germany. The German authorities were very cold and unhelpful. We ended up meeting in Shanghai, China. He was able to get a visa to China with no trouble at all. The problem is not with the German authorities here in Germany, but with the German Embassy in Manila. They are very unhelpful and impersonal.
    izolday Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 02:53 PM
    I see but in my case the one's inviting me is my aunt... I have two aunts in there and I have 2 cousins, the last time we've seen each other last 1997 so, they're inviting me to go there.. I just wish I won't get denied.. =( anyway does your friend being asked by the embassy here in manila about banking statements stuff like that?

durch die Art und Weise Dank fur die Hilfe, es ist sehr nett von lhnen, um mich mit meinem Anliegen.. ich wirklich zu schatzen, dass dank wieder.. =)
    my-my Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by horn_jones View Post
    To answer your question, no. My friend was denied a Schengen-Visa to Germany. The German authorities were very cold and unhelpful. We ended up meeting in Shanghai, China. He was able to get a visa to China with no trouble at all. The problem is not with the German authorities here in Germany, but with the German Embassy in Manila. They are very unhelpful and impersonal.
    Is it posible to get a german visa in shanghai? Tell me what to do in shanghai?I wait your reply.. thanks
    betty_sarah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 09:37 PM
    Hello, so I want to do the same thing with horn_jones's friend. my u.s army friend is inviting me and my sister to visit germany, we have the same paperworks already, would it be best for us to try it here in manila embassy or try it in china,if we do try it china,how do we do that? *** answer my questions,thank u,

Nov 26, 2010, 12:16 AM
    It is, in my opinion, best to apply in Manila. The application requirements are the same regardless of where you apply. However, if you are an unemployed Filipino, do not own land, or are not attending a university, your chances of being granted a tourist visa are NOT GOOD! The reason lies with the rules of the Schengen Visa. It allows you not only to visit Germany but also every country belonging to the Schengen Agreement. That's almost every country in Europe! There have been Filipinos in the past that came to Germany on a three month Schengen Tourist Visa, then took a train to another country and, basically, disappeared. They never returned to the Philippines. The German Embassy learned to be very careful about issuing a tourist visa. They need some sort of guarantee that you will return to the Philippines at the end of your visa. That's the reason for the unofficial requirements of a job, land ownership, or place of study. I've even heard of cases where the Embassy has asked for a large some of money to be deposited in a bank account in the Philippines as a guarantee that an applicant will return.

If you are lucky, the application might get past the Embassy in Manila. Then it's sent to the authorities in the city where your friend lives for final approval. In that case, your friend might help speed things up by going to these authorities and talking with them. In smaller cities they might talk with him and help him, in bigger cities with lots of cases they might not. However, as a general rule, the application is either approved or denied after the applicant's interview in Manila, and no further processing is required.

Sorry I can't give you any better news.
    jorry_20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 08:03 PM
    Mab

Hello,
    My aunt is inviting me too, together with my mother which is her sister.. I have a job, but no land, out visa is just invitation.. is these possible to be approved? Your answer is highly appreciated. Thanks
    makbe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 08:22 AM
    So if you are unemployed, but have land and savings, is there a chance of getting a shengan tourist visa?
    love05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 08:16 PM
    Hello,

My aunt also invite me but I don't have any bank statement,or health insurance.. but my aunt will be pay all my expenses and she will send me only invatation.Is still possible to apply a visa? I am worried maybe if I will apply it will be denied.please help me,
    blackchrystal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
    What the embassy needs is a guarantee that you will return to the Philippines and will not seek a job at the Schengen states. First you must have a high paying job in the Philippines and has been working with a known company for a long period,this should be supported by credible documents. This will at least prove that you will not look for a job in Europe, and this will prove as well that you can afford to travel to Schengen states, bear in mind also that the cost of travel to Europe is more expensive than the United States. Second, if you have a high paying job, you must own at least some properties and has a considerable amount of money in your bank. If you are unemployed chances are you will be denied.

If you have an invitation,and some relative will sponsor your trip. The sponsor will have to prove that he or she has enough money to support the duration of your stay in Germany. She needs to provide proof of employment, and declare her monthly earnings. It will help if she can provide a bank account with considerable amount.
    jvkong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2012, 09:40 PM
    How can I apply for an interview in German embassy, online?
    sheismile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2012, 08:48 AM
    Hello I'm sheila...
    Am also applying for a tourist visa as you mentioned above I have an invitation letter from my boyfriend... and I am confuse about what else do I really need for some and other doc. hope to hear you some advice about my questions... this is my first time and I never traveled any asian country...
    Thank you so much.. best wishes, god blessed... :)
    maria1947 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 07:53 AM
    Please enlighten me.
    Would it be better to approach visa agency
    In processing German Visa?
    maria1947 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Would it be best to seek help from Agency to process German embassy?
    Please enlighten me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

Filipino divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any country a filipino who maried in the Philippines to another filipino go to and get a noncontested divorce

Do I qualify for german visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at travelling abroad but only have a South African passport. I would like to apply for a german ancest visa. My mother and granparents were born in Germany, so does that mean that I qualifiy? If so, how do I go about it?

Spouse seeking L2 visa while being pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working for a extremely reputed company as a software engineer. I am suppose to go to USA for a long term assignment (above 7 months) on L1. My wife (also a software engineer) is 4 months pregnant would take temporary leave from her company and like to go with me during this period....

View more questions Search