Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RayBurnley Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 05:22 AM
    Printing from IE7 to HP Laserjet
    Sorry, don't know if this is in the right section - if not perhaps a Mod will move it for me ? ;) - but this is my problem :

I've a Dell XPS710 running under Vista Ultimate with IE7 installed. I have two printers attached - an HP Laserjet 2300 and an Epson Stylus Photo R340. The Laserjet is set as my default printer.

If I try to screen print from IE7 to the Laserjet, although the printer icon appears, and the document appears briefly in the print queue, nothing is sent to the printer. This is only a problem in IE7 and with the Laserjet ; if I redirect the output to my Epson it prints fine, whilst output from any other program (Mail, Word, Excel, etc.) is printed on my Laserjet with no difficulties.

I assume this is an IE7 problem, but can't unsderstand why it should print to my Epson but not my HP printer. I have tried reinstalling the HP but with no joy.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Apr 17, 2008, 07:36 AM
    I would suspect that your HP LaserJet 2300 does not have enough memory to handle the larger grahics print job.

Check your printer setup properties in the Advanced section. You should have some options such as Spool print documents, Start printing after last page is spooled, Start printing immediately, Print directly to the printer, etc.

Try each of these options and reprint. Some of them will make better use of limited printer memory.

Inkjet printers work differently. They print a little at a time so they do not need as much memory for printing. By default, laser printers will attempt to assemble the entire page before printing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP LaserJet 6L won't print [ 75 Answers ]

My HP LaserJet 6L won't print. I visited the HP website to download any recent drivers. According to the site, operating system Microsoft Windows XP comes with the driver for this printer. When I click on "Automaticly check if driver needs updating," I get an error message that reads, "HP...

How to set up HP Laserjet 6L on XP [ 2 Answers ]

How to set up HP Laserjet 6L on XP . I don't have the installation disk... How to proceed ? Before it worked ( more then 2 years )

HP Laserjet 3030: can I view fax for selective printing? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laserjet 3030, and I am wondering if the machine can allow fax to be viewed on a PC, before selected for printing. I know how to use the HP program to connect to the 3030 machine for adjusting the fax configuration and to print the last received fax, but I can't determine if the...

HP Laserjet 5M hangs when printing from Windows [ 2 Answers ]

I've got an HPLJ 5M printer that is now not printing from Windows. Here's what I've tried: 1. Ensuring that the printer and computer are communicating - I created a little text file using notepad. I can print the file no problem from the DOS cmd line, but cannot print from windows. 2. Have...

View more questions Search