Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahstoddard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 09:25 PM
    I just don't know what to do anymore!
    My issuses are no different than other people in need. I have gone through my simple times and it seems like I am always going through tough times. I Moved from North Baltimore Ohio to lexington ky because I was told there was more employment here. I am a 25 year old single mother of a 2 year old and a 3 month old. I used my tax refund to rent a 3 bedroom townhouse and now I am totally screwed. As of now I am 16 days late on rent and will more than likely loose my home. I have had plenty of job interviews and just can't get a job fast enough. I am pretty sure that I have called every resource in the lexington area just to get told that there is no funds right now. I looked through the phone book and called chruches for help and nobody has called me back in the last 3 days. It's bad enough that I suffer from depression but to have to deal with these problems alone is very difficult for me. I guess my question is this: When you have asked every resource that is open for you and you keep getting turned away what do you do? Who else can I go to? :confused: :(
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Apr 16, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Is there a housing project you could move into look for local help in your citi a Google search revels a lot
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

May 17, 2008, 09:10 PM
    The economy for labor market improved slightly during the last quarter, for jobs in your area. You may want to be slightly more aggressive in following up in interviews you had and have not received a response. hiring is certainly going on and with a little help and encouragement you will be able to secure a dignified position.. good luck
    carrieinmarlow Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Why do you need a three bedroom townhouse? Two bedrooms at the most is all you need- seems like you're living above your means; time to scale back and prioritize...
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2008, 07:24 PM
    I'm not sure if Lexington has a Salvation Army but if they do then contact them. Also you need to sign up for public aid. I'm not sure why you would ever move to Ky from Ohio. IMO the farther south in ky you go the harder it is to get a job.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Sarah... your obviously limited to the jobs you can do because of the kids.Have you family that would help temporarily?

There must be charity organisations like there are here in the UK that would help, I wouldn't wait for the phone to ring I think you need to go to these places in person.

Here we have social services, I don't know what it's called in the US,but I would take the kids and do what ever I had to.. to survive, if that meant dumping myself on the doorstep of Social services then so be it ,you've got kids to think about.

Firstly though visit the original places in person see if you get any joy there... I wish you luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Well I could preach some and will, when you got a tax refund obviouisly you were living somewhere, and should have stayed there, and saved that money to make it last longer. But that is gone, So you call up family and friends and move in with them, till you can get a job. You get with social services and get what welfare you can, and if you have to find out where the family shelter is and what job assistance there may be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm hurting really bad and I don't want to anymore [ 4 Answers ]

It all started when I got with this boy from school it took us 8 months to get together and then we started to fall in love he was the first person I had made love to I felt so comftable with him we always had our ups and downs like normal relationships. Then one day I went to my auntys and she...

I really don't know what to do anymore! [ 13 Answers ]

Hey , Please help My boyfriend is thinking of breaking up with me! He said that he is unhappy with me, he feel controlled and he said he always has to think about that he will do. He says that even though I don't like the restaurant business, he want a woman who is going to back him up and...

She don't love me anymore what do I do [ 16 Answers ]

OK well I'm 20 and my ex is 22. I lived with her for 2 years the past 4 months she keep telling me she didn't love me anymore and that she was depressed every time she was around me. This shook me up and made me think GOD I could lose this girl I bin bin for 2 years .and every day almost anything...

Don't know who I am anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because...

I don't know what to do anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore. I just feel so boggled in my head. Lately everyday I want to cry or just be by myself. I think about death all the time. I am completely stressed about bills and how to pay them. About school. I feel like Im the dumbest person I class. I don't even know how Im...

View more questions Search