Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Experience with rabbit repellents
    Evil mean devil bunnies are eating my wife's flowers. Again.

Looking for people who have had success with repellents. I'm looking for actual persons who have tried deterrents and have had success. What's worked?

I can Google the subject and I have. I know about pepper spray, garlic spray, predator urine, hair, lavender, natural plants that deter, blood meal, and on and on. Please don't just search and paste an answer... I have a folder of things to try.

Just hoping for some first hand experience.

Putting up a fence or getting a dog or cat is also something I'm trying to avoid. no... I can't shoot them, for those wholl seek the snipers revenge. If I could only get a fox family to move in, id be set.

Help me shoo the evil mean devil bunnies. First hand experience only please.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
    I have always planted a bulb of garlic with my flowers. The water releases the garlic and the roots absorb it, thus the flowers taste like garlic and the bunnies look elsewhere. Now, for the ones I want to snip and bring in the house, garlic is planted with every other flower so as not to get a garlicy smell in the house.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Well kp, short of a couple good beagle hounds and a good ole double barrel shotgun, I am afraid I am unable to assist you with this problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rabbit OK outside? [ 24 Answers ]

Our family got a Lop Ear Rabbit. She is 11 weeks old. She's not tiny by any means. I am allergic to her. I was planning to keep her in a cage inside, but now I can not do that. Is it OK to put her outside in a cage? Protected from the rain. The cage does have a roof. I'm just worried about the heat...

My Rabbit! [ 19 Answers ]

I think there is something wrong with my rabbit and I think she might die! She is losing weight, I can feel her ribs and her backbone, but she eats and drinks fine! She is also pulling out her hair and biting herself, making huge sores. She doesn't have bugs, and I know pulling out hair is a...

Outside rabbit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I keep my rabbit outside where it runs around freely. In the last two days it seems to disappear then reappears the next day only for a short while. I was just wondering could it be burrowing itself somewhere or escaping and coming home. I haven't heard of rabbits going into hibernation. ...

New rabbit [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new mini lop the pet store said he is about 7 weeks old. I have been trying to litter train him. He is doing really well but when he gets onto the couch with me or my boyfriend he always pees and poops on the couch. Is this becoming a habit and if so how do we break him of this so he...

My rabbit [ 2 Answers ]

Heya again , My rabbit isn't to calm she likes to jump about and nibble but if I waned to make her calmer how do I do that and how do I stop her from niping

View more questions Search