Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almele Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 04:54 PM
    Mortgage
    I really need someone out there to possibly give me some direction as to how to help pay for my home. I have been in a bind for approx. 18 months and am 2 months behind on my payments. I currently have a new job but doesn't pay nearly what I used to make.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Will the new job allow you to make the payments ? Can you sell the property if it does not? If you can make payments now, will lender work with you ? Some mortages have clauses that allow certain make ups
    Brownie Girl Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 09:11 AM
    If your new income won't cover your expenses (including the mortgage) I'd suggest selling and if you owe more than it's worth and have liquidated your assets so you have no money to bring to closing to make up the difference you should contact your lender about a short sale and get it on the market while the buying season is picking up. Also, if you can contact your lender and ask if they have a deferral program to offset some of the payment until a later time that might allow you time to sell something else or look into 2nd job for the short term. Lastly, check your budget, everything from cell and home phone to cutting coupons for groceries and cable. Go to a friends to watch TV, cook in, pack lunches whatever you need to but cut back like never before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage broker vs. Mortgage Lender [ 3 Answers ]

What are the pro's and con's of using either a mortgage broker or going directly to the mortgage lender?

36 hours before I close mortgage company refuses to give mortgage? [ 5 Answers ]

I secured a deal for a home with the owner and got a signed contract a month ago. For sale by owner deal. Secured financing at 95%, with 5 % down. Did financing through a broker, and got a locked in deal with countrywide over 3 weeks ago. All is well, appraised for 100K over what I have...

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mortgage that that is too expensive for my budget. I can not refinance and my credit rating is slowly going down the drain. I can not sell the house because I do not have equity and the way of the market. I owe more on the house than it is actually worth. I want to get out of this...

Can we get a mortgage? [ 4 Answers ]

Here's is the situation. I am a stay at home mother with a credit score in the middle 700's. My husband who is the sole financial provider has no credit, not bad credit, no credit. Would we be able to get a traditional 30yr mortgage?

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What will my payment be like on a 80/20 interest loan @7%?

View more questions Search