Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Defamation of character leads to loss of family, home, livelihood
    I was the sole caregiver to my mother and stepfather for five years. After the death of my stepfather, my four brothers come in from out of state and accuse me of neglect and abuse and say I never once helped my mother or stepfather, try to evict me with only my personal possessions, accuse me of mental incompetency when I say I have done everything my parents have wanted done for five years to the point of exhaustion. I am shunned, about to evicted from home without my furniture, suffered extreme anxiety, depression, shock over their behavior towards me when I had thought they might thank me. Have complete verification of how much I have done for mom and stepfather but shunned and completely blocked from speaking to all family including my mother. Statements uttered by one brother caused all this nightmare for me and he intends to move into my home. Can I sue for Defamation of Character resulting in loss of home, family, and livelihood and causing extreme health problems (suffered first small heart attach last week from the stress).
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
    You need the consultation and help of a good lawyer. I don't know about defamation, but stopping an eviction is the first priority.
    home111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 08:30 PM
    I have not been served Eviction papers yet but I do live in constant terror that each hour might bring them. How do I stop eviction papers from being served. What should I do to stop the possibility of eviction papers.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Home111 - First of all do as ( TAlaniman ) has said for you to do , and that is to round up all your proof abnd go to a lawyer as soon as posible; and as per the constitution You can sue someone for this even if it were true of what they are saying to other people. All I can really say is ( GET A LAWYER!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Defamation of my character [ 1 Answers ]

I have a job in an health facilty.. I had to be finger printed.. thus 4 times as they were not readable.After the 4th time they were done at the trooper barracks in olean,ny.thus they still came back not readable.They I assume did a background check which came up with a prostitution arrest in...

Slander and Defamation of Character [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can sue my husbands x-wife for stating on paper through her attorney that I have called her daughter a lesbian. Also, for stating that I have tried to cause her child harm by sending elicit pictures of her daughter to the school she attends. All these are wrongful and...

Defamation of Character [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if I can counter-sue for defamation of character and slander for this situation. I responded to a person's house who called police. Upon arriving there the person was uncooperative. He decided that he did not want the police there anymore and in order for him to shut...

Defamation of character [ 6 Answers ]

If someone that works at the front desk of my apartment building calls me a "bad tenant" while on the phone with someone that called to leave a message for me, is that considered defamation of character?

View more questions Search