Ask
    jtippa88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Atomic radius
    How do you calculate the atomic radius for Argon?:confused:
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
    How have you been taught to do it? It doesn't have a well defined radius, as the electrons form a cloud that does not have an edge to it, but instead has an exponential drop in probability. (kind of like the earth's atmosphere, it just peters off into space)

There are different ways of making a quantitative calculation which will have a certain interpretation, which have you been taught?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Radius of Galaxy [ 2 Answers ]

How do you find the radius of a galaxy, R, knowing the distance to that galaxy, and the distance between that galaxy and another right beside it. (Like a binary galaxy, we're assuming the distance to both the galaxies is the same). An equation is what I'm looking for, but the exact numbers are: ...

Measurement of a radius. [ 7 Answers ]

Suppose a chord in a circle is 80 centimeters long and it is 30cm from the center of the circle. How could I find the measurements of a radius of the circle.

A radius [ 24 Answers ]

Picture a chair back(bench) 50" wide,25" high(right now its square) I would like to build a radius approx. 2-3' drop on each end,using the full height in the center. Any ideas how I can make a flowing curve like this? Ken

Radius of chamber [ 1 Answers ]

At an amusement park there is a ride in which cylindrically shaped chambers spin around a central axis. People sit in seats facing the axis, their backs against the outer wall. At one instant the outer wall moves at a speed of 3.30 m/s, and an 80.3-kg person feels a 517-N force pressing against his...

Density, radius and g [ 9 Answers ]

The earth has density rho(p) and radius R. the gravitational field strength at the surface is g. what is the gfs at the surface of a planet of density 2p and radius 2R. A g B 2g C 4g D 16g what is the equation I would use to solve this

View more questions Search