Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annie17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 02:32 AM
    TITLE of this rare film
    I know this description is going to be very vague and not make a lot of sense but if anyone could make sense of it I'd be extremely grateful!

Could anyone name this film from this setting- a women has been kept hostage in the bedroom of her own house, the walls have been covered in the egg packaging foamed cardboard that cuts out any sound. She advertised for a flatmate and a man answered who became obsessed by her, when she did not return the love he locked her up to make a point.

Another scene is her writing a HELP ME! Note and posting it through the vents in her room but falling in the garden where the guy finds it.

Towards the end she's in the bath where she tries to seduce him then he makes them a romantic meal where she tries to escape...

Here are some things I know which may help:

-it was released between 10-20 years ago around the early 90s.
    -the actors by what i can remember wasn't that famous
    -american
    -was on TV maybe cable im not sure
    -and all i think i can remember from the title are words simular to: dead, bolt, locked.. as you can see i really dont know!

PLEASE COULD ANYONE WHO MAY KNOW THIS FILM TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT COS I THINK IM LOSING MY MIND TRYING TO FIGURE THIS FILM OUT!
    jessb Posts: 290, Reputation: 51

Apr 16, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Hmmm do you know round what year you saw it? Was it black and whit or color.. did the actors look famous even if you don't know the names... did she advertise for a "flatmate" or "roommate". UK, USA, Canada.. ect, cable or basic chennal? Just trying to get a little more detail... because the movie sounds fimilar, but that's a basic plot for a lot of movies.. lol well good luck, I'm sure someone can help you soon.. :)
    Annie17 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the advice I'm new to this site so my posts will prob look vague with not much sense coming outa them!

Ive put down the answers to the questions you raised to the best I can and hope someone does help through our information. And I hope I can help you 1 day tooo!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Deadbolt 1992 TV starring Justine Bateman from FAMILY TIES:
    When medical student Marty places an ad for a roommate, her ad is answered by handsome, clean-cut Alec. At first Alec seems to be a wonderful roommate; supportive, considerate and a real friend. However, Alec's affection turns to obsession as he plots to manipulate and control all aspects of Marty's life, imprison her in her own apartment and make her his.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
    You're welcome... you pretty much helped with the dead, bolt, locked clue... I remember who starred in it and made sure of the name!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Film Title [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a film by Richard Attenberg about a boy who finds a wedding ring back in the war, just can't think what it's called, anyone know of it?

Film Title? [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a film many years ago and would love to know what its called. It was about a young boy who was terminally ill and ended up dying, possibly of AIDS. The only proper details I remember were that he has a little friend who had leukemia and her favourite colour was turquoise, and when she...

Looking for a film title [ 4 Answers ]

Saw part of film about 4 years ago on TV. Don't think it was a cinema one. Set in USA, man goes to an old white colonial house I think it was a hotel then he finds a coin in his room and when he falls asleep holding it he goes back in time and he falls in love with a woman. Then I only saw the end...

View more questions Search