Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fixitmomx2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 09:05 PM
    Are there real typing / data entry jobs available for home?
    Hi,

I am very experienced in all types of office work and very comfortable working on computers with all types of software, including Office, Excel, Databases, even Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and some Photoshop.

What is the best way to find a legitimate job in these fields to work at home. I'm a single mom, and at this time it would work better for me to be at home, rather than in an office somewhere.

Thanks for any input!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Are you looking for an at-home type of job that would be full-time?
    fixitmomx2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Hi,

I would be interested in full or part time, preferably full time.

Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 10:57 PM
    The following is by no means a perfect or complete answer of any kind. But, is just meant to be a start in order to give you some ideas, because I do think that you have some real possibilities here because of the things that you already know how to do.

I'm glad that you answered part-time as being also desirable for you. Is it safe for me to assume that you already do have some income that provides you shelter as well as food on your table?

It does sound like you have the skills and knowledge to do something at home because of your present knowledge and abilities. The thing is, how to advertise what exactly you could do and then developing your small business.

No matter what you do at home in order to make money, the money isn't going to start coming in right away. It will take some planning, time and development. All over the Internet, I advertise various businesses that I do. Please see the following links for some background on that. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...ea-110737.html and https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

Most of my business comes from the ads that I have placed on the Internet, as well as word of mouth, and not so much from the ads that I have placed in the Yellow Pages of the phone book. Although, I do still advertise in the Yellow Pages, because that still is going to be the first place that some people are going to look for someone who provides some kind of service.

Now, admittedly, most of what I do is not totally stay-at-home type of work. But, some of it is. And, that your original question was:
    Are there real typing / data entry jobs available for home?
    And, in my opinion, and as an answer to that question is, "yes" if you know of offices or hospitals that might farm out some of there work to others. It's possible that you might find some places that do. I do know of people that do medical transcription at home. I did work for awhile for a tax attorney, who would allow me to take information home so that I could format spreadsheets for him and his clients.

But, what I am suggesting to you is, that because of your skills and knowledge, it may be possible for you to develop some type of business whereby, most if not all of it could be performed in your home. I am suggesting that you have the skills and knowledge to go beyond just typing and data entry.

I have been doing the online advertising as well as developing websites for some friends as well as groups/club type organizations with whom I am involved. So far, I just do it for no charge, because the groups are not-for-profit and I would like to see them/us really prosper with what we are trying to do together as a group. However, I now realize that through practice of advertising and developing websites, that do that as part of my living is a definite potential here.

If you do a brain-storming session with a friend, maybe over dinner sometime, (that's how I usually do it) as to all of the possible ways that you might advertise yourself, you will most likely come up with ways that you could market yourself in ways that you could be self-employed and make a decent living at it. I am reluctant to tell you all of the things that I do for a living as this site is not supposed to be used for advertising. However, I do think that you could combine things to market yourself in such a way as to advertise what you can do for people using skills in all, or most of the following areas: Typing, Resumes, Dictation, Data Entry, Word Processing, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, etc.

Here is the link to a site that advertises being able to provide services to others in some of the programs and areas in which you are already skilled.

NFC's Office Services, Document Services, Computer Services, Virtual Assistant Services

It's possible for you to have a website, for free and similar to the one on the above link, advertising what you can do for others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know of typing from home jobs in UK? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Am new to this forum and hope someone can help me. Am looking for a job typing from home - somehing that is not a scam and will give good return. Hope to start at evenings and weekends to begin and then hopefully progress to do it full time. Live in the UK, should would be grateful for...

At home typing or Data Jobs with no Fee [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a job to do from home on my computer. I want to type for a company. So do you have any ideas.:confused:

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

At home Medical data entry jobs online [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a medical data entry job that I can do at home on my computer that pays good money. I have been searching the websites for legitimate business but are hard to find. Is there any out there that is legitimate to do? Please let me know if there are any website that I can get into....

View more questions Search