Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdk Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Sewer line from the house to the septic tank
    I am currently building a new home. The access to the septic tank from the back of the house is currently blocked by the home we are currently living in. I am wondering if it is feasible to put a 90 with a clean out at the house and another further down to direct flow to the septic tank. This was at first intended to be temporary but if not totally out of the ordinary and functional could be permanent. Looking for some advice.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
    I am wondering if it is feasible to put a 90 with a clean out at the house and another further down to direct flow to the septic tank.
    Don't use 90s. Use long sweeps or two 45s and place a cleanout at each bend. Give the line 1/4" to the foot slope. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 07:42 PM
    If you live in an incportated area or place governed by codes you will need the county or local inspector to Ok you idea. How many bedrooms were in the old house and how many in the new house? Do you know how many gallons is your current tank? Tom is so right, the stuff we flush doesn't like to slam into 90 degree elbows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Leach Bed Leaks Back into Septic Tank [ 15 Answers ]

Every time we get a heavy rain I get water coming from the leach bed back into the septic tank. Is there a check valve that can be installed to prevent this from happening or any other suggestions? I have been told that a curtain drain would help, but that is costly.

Can't find the sewer line at our house. [ 7 Answers ]

There is a clog in our sewer line. How do we find the sewer line?

I need to replace my septic line from house to street due to roots [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to have a little bit of knowledge before hand cocerning cost. What kind of ball park amount am I looking at to hire a plumber to do the labor?

4" in-house septic drain line [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a house about four months ago and the line from the house to the septic (4") has stopped up at least 3 times. I used a very flexible "snake" to unstop it the first two times and it worked for awhile. The last time, I used a very heavy duty "snake" to purge the line. I finally got through...

Septic tank odor in house [ 1 Answers ]

When I do laundry the smell of our septic tank comes in the house. Any ideas about what can solve this??

View more questions Search