Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 05:42 PM

Very cool! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Of course, a good plumber could swap the pop-up out in about 15 minutes... ;) Your solution is still pretty neat though!

Thanks again!

Mark
    JT57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2012, 01:52 PM
    I have the same problem with a Kohler glass vessel sink that was recently installed in a guest bath. The drain was similar to the first picture and was the drain sold by Kohler specifically for this sink. Spoke with a customer service person at Kohler and was told this is typical of vessel sinks as there is no air vent so it will always drain slowly. Nothing to be done to improve the situation. Not happy.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 6, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Plenty can be done JT57... read the entire thread and you'll find solutions to your problem... ;)

Replacing the sink drain assembly with a roll top vessel sink drain as shown in pic.#2 in Post #2 works great!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Vessel Sink without overflow drains slow [ 59 Answers ]

I installed a new vessel sink without an overfolw and it drains very slow. When I loosen a connection and let some air in it drains fine, just like it did with the original undercounter sink. So I assume I need to do something to compensate for the lack of an overflow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vessel sink slow draining overflows to floor if water left on [ 1 Answers ]

VESSEL SINK - SLOW DRAINAGE PROBLEM: Two visitors to the house left the water on and flooded the small bathroom. QUESTION: HOW DO I INCREASE WATER FLOW DOWN THE DRAIN ? Afraid to leave the water on when I leave the house! Thanks very much !

Vessel Sink--Draining [ 2 Answers ]

We have a vessel sink, installed by a plumber and the sink fills half way before it drains, and it drains with a lot of suction after it fills half way. The plumber tells us this is normal, I can't believe it Can you please confirm that he is right, and if not how I would go about fixing it...

Vessel sink draining slow [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ongoing problem with a new vessel sink. Question is there a minimum length between the bottom of the sink and the P-Trap?

View more questions Search