Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elbathsheba Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Inches in lengths
    A piece of wire 27/32 inch in length is cut into 3 equal pieces.how long is each piece? A metal plate containing 3/4 square foot of materialis divided into six equal parts.how much material (in square feet)does each part contain?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 08:19 AM
    This is fraction division.

if you have one piece that is 1 inch long, and you divide it into 4 pieces, then you get... 1 inch/4 pieces = 1/4 inch or 0.25 inches, right?

same thing here.

SuperKids Math Review - Dividing Fractions

that site should help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Finding lengths [ 1 Answers ]

A line is 45/64 in long. Find the length of a line 4/5 as long. What is 4/9 of 81/144?

Lengths of certain objects [ 1 Answers ]

What is the diameter of a typical animal cell? What is the diameter of a human eye? What is the height of an average human female? What is the length of a human small intestine?

Converting MM to inches [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question concerning Converting Milimeters to inches. I have a space that is 620mm wide and the washing machine is 600 mm wide. Can any one help me understand how to convert these measurements? Van

Is 3 inches enough? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm growing out my hair color to see just how gray I am. I thinking of keeping it gray depending on how it looks. I was wondering if I cut it off as short as I can, how many inches should I leave on my head to not look totally ridiculous? Is 3 inches enough. I have thick but fine hair.

View more questions Search