Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunterleej Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Company paid vehicle
    I have a company paid vehicle. I have unlimited usage and my gas is also paid for by the Company. I live in North Carolina and I'm trying to figure out just how much having this perk is worth over a year's time...
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 10:36 AM
    That's actually pretty simple.

Determine what you would have to pay in monthly leasing fees for that kind of car. A phone call to a local car dealership can give you that answer.

Then determine your average weekly gas usage, and multiply that by the average cost of gas in your area.

Add about $800 for the annual maintenance costs, and you will have a pretty good estimate of the value of the perk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vehicle repoted as loss to company [ 1 Answers ]

One of our company officers was leasing a truck (and using it as well) to the company. It was stolen while just south of the border. The truck was recorded as a loss to the company and trickled down to the officers personal returns according to ownership percentage. Since all three officers were...

Paid by company that does not file! [ 1 Answers ]

I work on a yacht, typically out of the USA. While the yacht(place of business?) has an offshore registry, my pay comes through an American bank, and is split between my offshore bank account and my American bank account as I desire (I put more in the offshore acct.) The company does not file...

Severance not paid.too long with company! [ 1 Answers ]

Was laid off-(37 years with same company). Company finally closed. However, 5 years ago, company laid off 150+ workers and they were given severance pay. 20+ were retained and over the years others who have left or let go received severance. No severance for the remaining 20+ though. A few weeks...

CA resident paid by an NJ company [ 1 Answers ]

Firstly, about me: I am an Indian citizen Came to US on F1 in 2002 Always been a resident of California Was filing 1040-NR-EZ, 8843 and CA-540-2EZ But, I am now on H1B visa since Oct 1st, 2006 I got to know that I am still a non-resident for 2006 tax year So, I have to file 1040NR or EZ...

Work performed and not paid by the company [ 2 Answers ]

I'm selfemployed and there's a two companies that I did some work for them and they have not yet paid me for my permit expediting service. What can I do ?

View more questions Search