Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Birth Control
    I am currently on Lutera right now, and I was wondering if Yaz is all its cracked up to be? With the "no cravings, no pains during mentrual cycle, etc" because I was thinking about discussing it with my doctor, but I wasn't so sure. Also my health insurance is about to run out.

Also - are the birth control pills at planned parenthood reliable? I've never gone for pills, always to my doctor. Will it make me gain a lot of weight? Do you get to choose which you want to go on?

Any information will be great thank you!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 12:44 AM
    There's no difference between the reliability of pills from planned parenthood and any other dr. and yes, you get to choose. If I'm not happy with a pill I sit down with the dr, we talk, and they recommend what they think might work for me. Last time she came back with an armload of packages and explained all the pros and cons of each and helped me choose which one to try next.
    I have a friend who takes yaz. She's happy with it, but she still has mild cramping and cravings. And major pms. But she's kind of a drama queen every other day of the month anyway. Lol but every woman is different. It may be great for one woman and make another miserable. Fortunately though there are many different pills and other forms of because out there though and there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying as many tries as it takes to find one that works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hey what could happen if I don't take my birth control pillls on time everyday? Am I at risk of getting pregnet?

Birth control [ 16 Answers ]

I have taken depo-provera for two years and how been off depo-provera for over a year. And haven't had any birth control but I just recently took two birth control pills at once, can I still get pregnant?

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

View more questions Search