Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottallen99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Carrier furnace fault code definition
    I have a Carrier Weather Maker XFI and it is giving me a fault code of 3 2 , which says low pressure switch fault. Does anyone know how to fix this without bringing out a technician?
    garekare Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Do things you need to do.

1. Check the swicth by checking for 24 VAC on the terminal leads when the system calls for heat. Visually inscpt the switch, check hoses, etc. You can suck into the pressure swicth and see if the switch closes. You'll need a multi-meter.

2. check and see if the draft inducer motor is operational and providing back pressure to the switch. Does it spin?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Code 54 on carrier weathermaker furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace stopped working today. It is a weathermaker (carrier) 8000 That is approx 14 years old. It has been serviced regularly To the best I can tell it is flashing a code 5 4 can anyone help me with this? It kicks on, blows cold air for a few minutes then shuts down. Thank you

Goodman A/C fault code 6 [ 1 Answers ]

What does this mean? I just had this unit installed about 4 months ago. The fuse blew, and now this. What is up with this brand? Right now the unit is dead. It worked fine yesterday. Was working a few minutes ago. But no cold air was coming out of the ducwork. Thanks, Carlos

Carrier 2 Stage Gas Furnace Code 33 [ 1 Answers ]

We are having trouble last couple of days now that temp is near 0. The thermostat is calling for heat the furnace runs as follows. It runs on low stage for about 16 minutes and then the high stage turns on for a couple of minutes. The burner then shuts off and the blower shuts off and there is...

Dishwasher fault code [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Model #665.15892100 Kenmore dishwasher with a fault code not listed in my manual and NO ONE at Sears can answer me as to what this fault code means! I have a non Sears tech working on it for me but he has never come across this code with any of the other brands (since Kenmore does not...

View more questions Search