Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i_ansari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Pressurizzatrion units for chilled water
    I want to know what is a fuction of a pressurization units in the Chilled water pump cicuit.
    tsnhvac Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2008, 09:46 AM
    The pressurisation unit is a system which senses the pressure of the air inside the pressurization tank and based on the fluctuations the water in the ballons will get injected to the chilled water circuit, it will be accompanied with a expansion tank connected by a pump. Even the this will feed the necessary during the thermal expansion of the chilled water pipes or the flexible connections in the circuit.

Rather than having a expansion tank alone to cater the losses of the water in the system this is highly efficient by maintaining the pressure under the cut in and cut off tolerances.

Trust it clatifies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Chilled water pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am very new to askmehelpdesk.com. My question is, The building height is 300m. There are 6 chilled water risers going up to 125m height. The chilled water flow rate of each riser as follows. Riser 1 & 2 - 150l/s Riser 3 & 4 - 180l/s Riser 5 & 6 - 100l/s Chilled...

Chilled water pumps [ 2 Answers ]

How I can select the pump after I get the flow required and the head I have a closed loop system chillers in ground level and 35 floors height Are 4 bars enough to start the system which is the head that I calaculated? What is system pressure then? Do I have to add the vertical height also to...

View more questions Search