Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -i-love-my-boyfriend Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 03:50 AM
    I need to loose weight in 10 days
    I have a huge prob.. I need to loose weight in 10 days.. what can I do I've been drinking 3 litres of water a day and haven't had dinner or breakfast in 2 days.. I'm 9 1/2 stone and I'm 17... its not right for my height either I'm like 5ft2 or 3... :(:( what can I do? What food? Excersies? Help please.. :( thanks yhooo :) xxxxxxx
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:14 AM
    First, don't starve yourself. It doesn't work... your body responds to this by slowing your metabolism, meaning your calorie burning slows...

People who try to lose weight through strong restrictive diets crash their metabolism and then often put more weight back on than when they started. Its unhealthy and unwise.

The two things you can do to start a healthy regemin that will result in weight loss is eat better and workout. Period. And a large amount of weight loss in 10 days is unrealistic, though you can certainly lose a few pounds.

With food, start with portion control. We often take much too much food. Use a smaller plate, have veggies on a fourth of it, fruit on a fourth, and the remaining half protein and carbs. You don't technically have to have them all on the same plate... it just means proportionally try to set it up like this. Its amazing how in one or two weeks you will be shocked at how much you were eating before.

Stop skipping meals. Eat breakfast. Peanut butter on a toasted muffin and half a banana... things like that. Fuel for the body.

Drop sodas, junk food, fast food, eating out of boredom, eating later at night. If you need a snack in between meals just get a bite of cheese and turkey or roast beef. Sometimes just a bite or two is all you need.

To increase your metabolism you need to workout. Walk, run, bike, swim, etc. period... you must move your body to convince it to burn more calories... not just for the event of moving it, but to sustain a higher metabolism. If you workout early in the morning, its great. Sucks to get up at 5am to workout, but it gets it out of the way and now I have a boosted metabolism for a good portion of the morning... meaning breakfast calories will be better burned.

So... why the deadline? A dance? Date? Etc?

If you are interested in being healthy, don't fret about how much weight you want to lose in how short of a time. Get started with a simple workout (walking briskly for an hour) and simple food goals. You'll find that in just the span of a week or two your body will be getting stronger and getting primed to crank it all in.

But it really takes work and time to lose weight in a healthy manner that's sustainable. So you might be able to change your body a little bit in 10 days, but not a lot... but... if you start now, by the time summer hits you absolutely can be where you want to be if you dedicate yourself to forming and keeping good habits.

Honestly... start now. We had a girl write in a month ago wanting to lose weight and she started that day... while she might not be losing as fast as she wants, she's on her way and feels great about the progress she's making.

So stay with healthy goals and healthy ways to get there. Don't starve yourself. Period.
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Starving yourself is the worst way to lose weight and I think the only healthy way to lose a lot of weight in a week is surgery.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Starving yourself is the biggest mistake for your body. You need to have at least 3 healthy meals a day, cut out all junk, fatty and fast foods, and sugar, read nutritional labesl and stick to one portion sizes. Veggies, whole grains, lean meats, and fruit, just keep the portions small, 3 oz. of meat. And exercise. The water part is good, but you need to fuel your body in order to boost your metabolism, which in turn help you lose body fat.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 10:26 AM
    First forget the 10 day goal unless you want to lose a couple pounds.
    Wight loss is something that happens over time and has to take time and a lot of work,

First start eating balanced meals esp at 17 you need regular balanced meals. What you have to do is eat proper and exercise properly
    marthessa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by -i-love-my-boyfriend
    i have a huge prob.. i need to loose weight in 10 days.. wat can i do iv been drinking 3 litres of water a day and havent had dinner or breakfast in 2 days.. im 9 1/2 stone and im 17... its not right for my height either im like 5ft2 or 3.... :(:( what can i do?? what food?? excersies?? help please.. :( thanks yhooo :) xxxxxxx
    Hi!

Want me to help you lose weight? Just say so.. Im willing to helo you.

Just reply to this post.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 17, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marthessa
    Hi!

Want me to help you lose weight? Just say so.. Im willing to helo you.

Just reply to this post.
    no... the OP states a question and you answer it. They've already asked for help... you want begging?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payless commercial song does your heart go boom? [ 1 Answers ]

Help please :D I want to know the title of the song to the payless shoe source commercial And who sings it. It goes something like this "Baby I love you, does your heart go boom, does your heart go boom" Anyway to anyone who knows please let me know please & thank you! =D

Me Fall Down Go Boom [ 1 Answers ]

What cartoon character (probably 50's or very early 60's) was responsible for the phrase?

Boom boom volleyball [ 1 Answers ]

Boom boom volleyball password how the girls play topless:

I'm about to lower the boom [ 11 Answers ]

I am engaged to a man who had the misfortune of marrying a woman who is in this country illegally from Canada... can you believe that, Canada no less! When he married her she had three little kids (all born here) and he had another with her... what a smart guy, huh? He caught her with another guy...

Furnace makes a big boom! [ 5 Answers ]

Sometimes when my heat kicks on it makes a loud fiery sound like its flame is booming. Hard to explain. Anyone know what I might be referring to?

View more questions Search