Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoma_512 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 01:01 AM
    Characteristics of happy customers
    What are the specific characteristics of happy customers?

A more specific question will be what are the characteristic traits by which you identify a happy customer?
    Are there any behavioural patterns by which they can be identified and quoted as happy customers.
    I'll give you an example, we can identify 'An Irate customer' by the way he reacts and screams for help. Likewise, do we have a set of behaviours for happy customers too.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 15, 2008, 01:27 AM
    When they walk away happy??

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking? A little more specific please?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 02:24 AM
    I too, am wondering about the specifics of what you are asking. Are you asking about retail customers, service customers, both or something else. It would be helpful if you would provide some additional details. Thanks!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 15, 2008, 02:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoma_512
    What are the specific characteristics of happy customers?

A more specific question will be what are the characteristic traits by which you identify a happy customer?
    Are there any behavioural patterns by which they can be identified and quoted as happy customers.
    I'll give you an example, we can identify 'An Irate customer' by the way he reacts and screams for help. Likewise, do we have a set of behaviours for happy customers too.
    Well, re: your example, I would say... patient, polite, courteous, and willing to resolve whatever matter is at hand in a calm manner.

And, being satisfied by the service they received when leaving the establishment.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Happy customers:

A) Continue doing business with you, unless you have a monopoly on your market.

B) Refer their friends, relatives, and coworkers to you.

C) Get your opinion or offer you an opportunity before going with your competitor's lower cost quote.

D) Suggest you increase your rate/prices.

E) Inquire how your business is doing.

F) Reciprocate if you need a favor in their field of expertise.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 02:38 AM
    Another trait might be a customer asking specifically for a certain person to handle their affairs because of the great job a particular person had done with providing excellent customer service to them.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2008, 04:27 AM
    agree with what's been said.

short term, happy customers show it by their immediate response. Body language, facial expressions, enthusiastic praise, not complicated though some people are more reserved than others. A willingness to ask you for your opinion and to buy based on your advice, especially if they choose to buy more or a different thing than they came in for. When a customer would come to buy a specific product, and then picked up something extra just to try it, it doesn't mean they are hooked, but they are willing to spend their dollars on additional items, which can reflect trust in your overall products or quality of service.

longer term, what's been said about referral and repeat business. We've run a small biz before and most of the customers were through word of mouth. The happiest customers are your best salespersons... they'll tell people about your product, come back for new products, would ask about when new things were coming out, if you had a website or mailing list, etc. again, enthusiasm about what you are providing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customer Characteristics [ 2 Answers ]

With relevant examples discuss the characteristics of customer focused organizations

Characteristics of sociopaths [ 3 Answers ]

Are sociopaths generally people that were sexually abused children?

Debt and Equity Characteristics [ 0 Answers ]

Describe the characteristics and the cost of various debt and equity instruments

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

Trying to keep customers happy [ 4 Answers ]

This is a question for some of the plumbers that I see giving advice to others on here. If a person buys a product at the hardware stores and ask you to install it for him how do you determine what you might charge and how do you explain to the customer that he is actually not saving money in...

View more questions Search