Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy_karan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Relation between speed and power.
    Is there any power saving if we will be using a 1400KW motor instead of 1000KW motor. The speed of the motor remaining constant.The load too is constant.After replacing the 1000KW motor with 1400 KW the current has risen from 46 to 54 amps.What is the reason for this?

Is there any relation between the speed and the power consumption of induction motor.
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2008, 03:27 AM
    This is a self explanatory the larger your motor the higher the current...
    v9825166129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 03:37 AM
    What is relation between speed and power,
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 06:47 AM
    There is none. Speed is related to voltage.

There are always losses in the motor. They can be due to resistive or eddy current. The eddy current losses are probably higher. The efficiency of the motor will depend on how it is matched to the load. What if you had a 50 HP motor turning a clock dial vs a motor that is 1/10 of a HP. Which one would draw the least amount of power?

So for a motor that 71% bigger, you got a 17% increase in current consumption.
    harshpkp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Power is directly proportional to speed cube!
    harshpkp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 10:27 AM
    For the same power rating the current drawn by motor is directly proportional to speed cube! Please find me with its derivation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relation [ 12 Answers ]

Hi my wife don't listen to me and disobey me

Ride-on mower power/speed loss [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Rover ride-on mower that isn't performing as well as it used to in that there has been quite a drastic loss in both speed and power in the engaged and disengaged modes. For some time it seemed as though this problem wasn't constant - sometimes it was OK but then the next time I...

Speed and power [ 1 Answers ]

Well... I have been boxing for a while... and I think you can increase your speed hitting the speed bag.. there are many different ways to hit it... and use your head... mind is the most important thing... You can do anything if you focus... work on techniques and take it slowly... learn how to...

High-speed Cable/low Speed Operation [ 1 Answers ]

I had Time Warner Cable(TWC) Road Runner service(high-speed cable) installed recently on my Panasonic CF-47 Laptop. It turns out that it operates two times SLOWER than Dial-Up!! I have a W98 O/S. The High-speed cable into the computer measures normal(as measured by a super-tech with TWC). After he...

View more questions Search