Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackedout85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Served with civil and small claims summons but the case does not exsist?
    Hello, About a month ago a civil court summons was left in my doorway for a credit card debt that never belonged to me. Then about two weeks ago the same law firm sent another small claims summons for the same debt.

I have been checking the court listed on the summons website list of civil and small claims cases every day since and there is nothing about this on there. I even called the civil courts clerk's office and they found nothing. The return date on the civil summons is 4/15. The return on the small claims is 4/2

Why would they pay to file these suits and pay a marshall to deliver them if there is no suit at the court house?

Any help or advise would be very helpful to me because I don't really know how to handle this.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 08:00 PM
    I have no idea but I keep hearing people say they have a judgment against them and never even heard of a court date so it may be some new scam to claim you missed a court date and so lost. These companies are getting trickier and trickier so it could be something new they are pulling. How or what or why they are doing that I don't know but must be their newest scam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A civil then a small claim summons was left at my house but the case does not exsist? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, About a month ago a civil court summons was left in my doorway for a credit card debt that never belonged to me. Then about two weeks ago the same law firm sent another small claims summons for the same debt. I have been checking the court listed on the summons website list of civil and...

Small claims summons for medical visit [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons for an emergency room visit. I only needed to get a prescription for thyroid medicine refilled and just moved from out of state. I called the hospital first to ask what the charge would be , they told me $250. The actual bill was over $700. PLus the physician sent me a separate...

Still being served a summons [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so here's my situation. I owed Capital One about 6500 dollars. They got a law firm, Rubin and Rothman to contact me. He said if I don't pay by a certain date then they will proceed with the motions and something. He also said if I don't pay by friday(back in January last month) then the motion...

Winning or losing small claims case? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, and thanks all for reading and for your help in advance! I rented 1 bedroom in Queens, NY for 560 on Oct. 1 It's part of a 3 bedroom 2nd floor place. My roommate S who'd lived there for several years was in charge of utilities. I would have to give her my 560 every month and she would...

Summons civil case management conference [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons for uncollected debt and I want to know if I can just pay it off without going to court - can you help me?

View more questions Search