Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    T-Bag Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Apr 14, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Why do I get sad whenever anything ends?
    Whenever something ends I get all super depressed and stuff. Things like the end of books, movies, tv-shows, social gatherings, weekends, or pretty much anything be it happy or sad get me really really upset. Why does this happen! For example like 2 years back when I finished Final Fantasy X the ending of the game was so sad and I felt so upset that I finished it and it was over, I became really depressed... I couldn't concentrate on anything and I kept like thinking about that game and looking up all sorts of things about it. Also, like a few months ago when I finished my favorite anime Death Note, I also felt like super depressed. The end of it just made me so upset knowing that "thats it, thats final, this is how it ENDS." These things just piss me off so much and get me really sad. In fact, I think I'm going to kill myself when the Simpsons end! What do I do? And please just don't tell me to "move on" because I linger on these things subconsciously and they NEVER go away! I'm still ing upset about Final Fantasy and Death Note after 2 ing years and 3 ing months!! :(

P.S. - Now I'm all sad because it's the "end: of my post... I have a serious problem, please help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Okay the Simpsons end you start watching Family Guy
    You finish Final Fantasy X you go to the Game Exchange store and exchange it for Grand Theft Auto IV on the 29th.
    Let me know when you finish this anime up and I will find you more
    Watch Anime Online for free! Watch Anime Episodes and Anime Movies for free!

Anime News Network

Maybe find some things that do not have an ending.

You could also try some obsessive/compulsive therapy that may help.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 13, 2008, 03:38 PM
    It's natural.. to a certain degree.Everyone is different.

Instead of focusing on the endings focus on the beginnings of other things.

Things can't last forever and maybe you feel insecure about that.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 08:26 AM
    It seems in your life you always have to have something to look foreword too, whether it be game ,book... what ever, it's like you become part of your book or game or t.v series, actually living the part, belonging to the whole senario of what ever your following at the time.

Believe it or not lots of people are like that, giving them some sense of belonging.

Liken it to a night out... you look foreword to it for ages, the build up getting all dressed up etc... then the nights a flop, what a let down, so you wait for the next invite which replaces the let down, you build yourself up again...

The same with books, games or TV shows, 1 comes to an end, your fed up so you seek out another to replace it, relieving that let down feeling.

It may be a good idea to join some sort of group, maybe film club, book club or even computor game club e.g... World of War craft... where it's on going and you'll make lots of friends, which will dismiss that sad let down feeling...
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2008, 08:29 AM
    The end of anything has to be the beginning of something else. Think of how these different things have changed you made you a different person.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2008, 03:07 AM
    I like your signature, Abby! I wish that my positive rating would have gotten you out of the "red" zone concerning ratings!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Every ending is just a new beginnging, remember that and it might help!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Crap, I didn't see that someone had already said that...
    Bicho Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag
    Whenever something ends I get all super depressed and stuff. Things like the end of books, movies, tv-shows, social gatherings, weekends, or pretty much anything be it happy or sad get me really really upset. Why does this happen!? For example like 2 years back when I finished Final Fantasy X the ending of the game was so sad and I felt so upset that I finished it and it was over, I became really depressed...I couldn't concentrate on anything and I kept like thinking about that game and looking up all sorts of things about it. Also, like a few months ago when i finished my favorite anime Death Note, I also felt like super depressed. The end of it just made me so upset knowing that "thats it, thats final, this is how it ENDS." These things just piss me off so much and get me really sad. In fact, I think I'm gonna kill myself when the Simpsons end! What do I do?? And please just don't tell me to "move on" because I linger on these things subconsciously and they NEVER go away! I'm still ing upset about Final Fantasy and Death Note after 2 ing years and 3 ing months!!!!:(

P.S. - Now I'm all sad because its the "end: of my post.....I have a serious problem, please help!
    But if something is not an end; believe me you will be bored with it. Even life it self has an end. The creator has created things that way.. with an end. And had there been no end to your book; you wouldn't have tasted the beauty of the next one you read... had there been no end to your childhood; you would have never been matured enough to know what you know today... believe me it's all for the best. But you may need to take time and help to grasp this idea... good luck!
    GranSabio Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Not because what you think is true. Life is an adventure or a Nigthmare. Chose. Be happy or cry.
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Thanks anyway clough :)
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jul 22, 2008, 03:06 PM
    You know, I walked past the local library the other day and was remembering the midnight Harry Potter parties they had there for the release of each new book, and was thinking how sad that they'll never have another one. They were such fun, with everybody getting dressed up and all (for the last one I went in disguise--just wore muggle clothes but had a dark mark drawn on my arm). Yep, flying my geek flag.

Anyway, that sort of nostalgia is normal. If you really appreciate things while they're happening, then of course you'll be a little bummed out when they end. However, what you describe sounds like it goes beyond that. A good counselor or therapist could help you get your feelings more into balance, so it's not so distressing. I recommend you look for one who describes her practice as "holistic" or "transpersonal." That approach is more empowering.

Blessings of healing and peace,

Alder
    greatodie Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 19, 2009, 07:53 PM

You get sad ?
    Its weird !
    More appropriate would be to say : you don't have a real life to enjoy , you somewhat appreciate the animated world rather than cherishing the realities of world?
    Have you any clue as to how people suffer ?
    Even in the most prosperous nations of the world : people have problems and solutions!!

Go out see a world beyond your goggles for watching the three-D movies!
    tonyrey Posts: 102, Reputation: 10

Mar 27, 2009, 03:00 AM
    A few months ago I really became addicted to chess, sometimes playing until 4 in the morning. I was determined to beat the computer but the longer I played the more I lost. This went on for several weeks and I began to feel really jaded. Fortunately my addiction destroyed itself and decided I had had enough! It made me realise we have to avoid becoming too dependent on any form of entertainment. We need to do something more creative that we can share with others. Our technological inventions enrich our lives but they can also enslave us if we're not careful. I recently discovered the worst punishment I could inflict on a thief was to disconnect his Internet connection. It made him more reasonable :)
    sheltland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 10:01 AM
    I get the Same thing!! Wow. I just found out some soap operas were ending and all of them would probably end soon and I became so depressed. Its ridiculous but true. Glad Im not the only one like this.
    Smith5000123 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2011, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    Whenever something ends I get all super depressed and stuff. Things like the end of books, movies, tv-shows, social gatherings, weekends, or pretty much anything be it happy or sad get me really really upset. Why does this happen!? For example like 2 years back when I finished Final Fantasy X the ending of the game was so sad and I felt so upset that I finished it and it was over, I became really depressed...I couldn't concentrate on anything and I kept like thinking about that game and looking up all sorts of things about it. Also, like a few months ago when i finished my favorite anime Death Note, I also felt like super depressed. The end of it just made me so upset knowing that "thats it, thats final, this is how it ENDS." These things just piss me off so much and get me really sad. In fact, I think I'm gonna kill myself when the Simpsons end! What do I do?? And please just don't tell me to "move on" because I linger on these things subconsciously and they NEVER go away! I'm still ing upset about Final Fantasy and Death Note after 2 ing years and 3 ing months!!!!:(

P.S. - Now I'm all sad because its the "end: of my post.....I have a serious problem, please help!
    You should never get upset when something ends. Most good things come to an end. You should probably seek help, to find out why you get easily attached to things. It could be a sign of a very serious psychological issue. In the meantime, I would advise you to reflect on how silly it is to focus on these things, and how much you're hurting yourself, by remembering that these things end, and accepting the fact that everything ends, except love, and friendship. Seek out these eternal, yet tangible things, instead of silly things like entertainment and luxury.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Language in lease ends when lease ends [ 4 Answers ]

Signed a lease for 18 months which states that when lease ends it will go month to month with thirty days notice. When lease ended we did not sign new lease landlord said he would like to keep it month to month. We gave 30 days notice but he said we were to give 60 days instead. Florida statue...

Condition ends only [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a rhyme or reason as to why you are only supposed to condition the ends of your hair only?? I've heard this for ages and always conditioned all of my hair down to the scalp... :eek:

Over colored ends [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there PrettyLady! You are so wonderful to do this! I colored yesterday over bleach and lowlights to a level 5rc light copper brown. It turned out way darker than I expected and my ends almost look black. I'm not sure what to do about the ends. Should I do the Dawn dishwashing liquid? The hair...

OddS and EndS? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello there, people! Haven't seen you all for a while! Well I came back for the following reason.. Remember my last posts about being in a long distance relationship that was getting a little too hard for me and my guy? Well I ended it in September, that's why I didn't post, cause I had NO...

Thin Ends [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Trying To Get My Hair Growing But My Ends Are So Thin What Can I Do?

View more questions Search