Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HappyScienceman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Classical Coins- Real or Fake?
    I've recently seen a lot of those "Unrestored Roman Coins";) in catolouges. I know how to tell if a coin is fake once I get it, but how do I tell if a dealer is reputible in the first place? :confused:
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
    HappyScienceman - IN the catalogs you are probably talking about are probably O.K.. I get them all the time, there is a few privet mints out there that reprints coins that were lost , and have a very few in excistince today so they make reprints of these coins, ( THEY ARE STAMPTED ON THE FRONT WITH THE WORDING ( COPY ).:: Now there are a lot of real coins that are Dated from before Christ was born that are real, severl coins from bibical times that have been found in caves7 thombs Ect.Ect.:: What you can do is get them and they are not real ECT. Then send them back wanting refund of your money ( A.S.A.P.) IF you want ,give me their names of the book and I will probably be able to tell you if they are ( RUPTABLE CO'S OR NOT :: Like I said eariler I have delt with saeveral of them Good luck, Have a good evening ::: F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 11:28 PM
    I just wanted to add that, do some of the outfits that are selling those kinds of coins belong to any reputable organizations where they might have to pass some kind of standard in order to sell the real coins? Just curious here...
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Clough - That is something that I do not know, But would probably be very interesting to find out about though, I get a chanch to I will do some research opn it and see what I can find out. Then I can let every one know the answer to that question; Clough Did you feel the earth quack this morning, We felt it pretty good down here in tenn. I thought that it was the starting of the big one they are saying is going to happen sopon on the ( NEW MADRED FAULT LINE . Well have a good day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Yes, I did feel the earthquake! I was in front of my computer when it happened! I remember thinking, "This is not the wind!" It felt like my whole home shifted to the west and then back to the east in about 1.5 seconds! It was very scary as well as interesting! I have cracks in my home that I already knew where there that are now LARGER!
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Clough - I was sitting in my recliner watching the big " one eyed monster when it happened and my chair was actuly rocking around,and it seamed like the whole house was shaking, I thought real quick that we were haveing the real big one that they are perdicting for the " new Madred fault " they say that when it happens it will be felt in New York city. MEMPHIS TN < ST LOUIS MO > < CHICAGO WILL HAVE severe damage, fires ,millions killed, Well lets hope and Pray that it don't ever HAPPEN . Have a Good Day & GOD BLESS ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chinese Company real or fake [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone know if this chinese company and website is real or fake. Im a dropshipper that wants to buy brand name laptops and this site have them and say that they are real. They have sent through email some paperwork but I cannot read any of it. The website is Cbeiec.com Please let me know...

Does classical music really help? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 weeks pregnant. Does listning to classical music really help my unborn child by making it a tad smarter? If so, can he hear it if its softly played next to me or would headphones on my belly work better?

View more questions Search